MY

all messages by user

12/4/2015
Topic:
OWP + Inland Sponsorship

MY
MY
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen and will be getting married in Japan to a Japanese citizen in March 2016. We will move to Toronto together and intend to use the in-land permanent residency application.

I looked at the CIC call centre and it says it should only be used if you have already sent in an application. It does not state where to go for general questions.

1) My understanding is the in-land application cannot be sent in until she is in Canada. She also needs an OWP to begin employment. What is the best process/steps once she arrives in Canada? OWP app, in-land PR app..? With the Japanese marriage certificate and the PR app not approved in principle, is she still eligible for an OWP?

2)Marriage certificate translation/notarization: should it be done in Japan or Canada?

3) Medical check by approved panel physician: should this be done in Japan or can it be done in Canada as well?

4)Criminal background check: is this required for the application?

5) I understand she will need an eTA when arriving in Canada next March 2016. Will she need any other documents at the airport? What should she tell the immigration officer when asked the purpose of her trip?

Thank you in advance.
-MY