bonito

all messages by user

12/13/2015
Topic:
Want to Sponsor my Partner

bonito
bonito
Hi to all,

I just want to give a short background regarding our situation; hopefully somebody can shed light to our dilemma.

I submitted my application for immigrant visa 2010 and the visa was granted 2012. I completed the immigration process in Toronto on October of 2012, stayed for 9 days and went back to my boyfriend/ life partner in Dubai.
We’ve been in a relationship for 4 years now (2011-2015), we lived together in an apartment (the lease contract is only under my name) since March 2012 ‘til February 2015. I decided to leave Dubai and keep my Permanent Resident Status here in Canada hoping that my partner would be able to join me here the soonest.
Below are my questions.

- under what type of sponsorship (common-law or conjugal) does our relationship fall into? We’ve been away from each other since February and he came to visit me for a week last July... I just want to make sure that I am filling the right forms to avoid delay in the processing

- What evidences could we attach in our application to prove that our relationship is real? We don’t have any documents showing both our names (lease contract, insurances, bank accounts, etc.), we only have pictures from our travels and letters. Would this be enough evidence?

- would he be able to live here using a visitor visa while waiting for the result of the application (conjugal / common-law)? How long is he allowed to stay in Canada using this visa? Is there any chance he’d be able to acquire a working permit?

- we are also considering Student Visa as an option (just for the reason that student visa processing is shorter and he can look for part time jobs with this) so he can come here sooner. Would this affect our application (conjugal / common-law)?

Life apart is just so difficult, and this year must be the most trying for both of us and for our relationship. I would greatly appreciate any input and suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

bonito