Jeannie78

all messages by user

12/31/2015
Topic:
PR Renewal Timing and Travel

Jeannie78
Jeannie78
I have a few questions:

First, I sent off my application for PR renewal 3 months ago (it was late, I know! My life was in a major stormy period and I lost track of the time)...

My application still doesn't show up in the system when I search for the status.

Currently the processing time shows 187 days- does that mean it is 187 days from my application getting into the system and showing up when I search for it, or can I assume that is 187 days from when it landed at the office in Sydney?

It makes me very nervous that I can't even check on whether it actually ended up on the right person's desk in Sydney, although I do have Canada Post confirmation of delivery.

Next question, I need to travel by car for a family reunion in the US in 6 weeks, and will be traveling in my own vehicle, gone for only a few days, and traveling with my 4.5 yr old son who is a Canadian citizen.

If I understand it correctly, I do not need to apply for a travel document if traveling by private car?

If I bring my expired PR card, my US passport, and a copy of my application for PR renewal is this sufficient to enter back into Canada in my own car?

Lastly, I have a couple of other trips- personal and business later in the spring and early summer.

What do I do if my PR card is still not returned to me by then?

Is there a limit to how many applications for travel a person can submit?

(One trip is in May to the US and the business trip is to Spain in the end of June, so those two trips are not even 6 weeks apart from each other).

(Of note, I have lived in Canada for a total of 880 days, 345 of which were a few years ago, and the remainder since I returned for a job in July.

So I have fulfilled my minimum residence requirement for renewal. I intend to remain in Canada as a PR for the foreseeable future.)

Thank you !!!