Lost password

Minnie

all messages by user

1/15/2016
Topic:
Questions - Applying for ON College or University

Minnie
Minnie
Does anyone have any info regarding applying for College?

I am a Canadian working with a group that is privately sponsoring a family in Ontario. The father has some architectural education from Aleppo Syria. He completed his College education and had started his university education when they were forced to leave. He only has a copy of his College Certificate and his Assurance of Program Completion. I am trying to determine if he has the originals.

He does not have transcripts but he does have a list of the courses he took with his marks. I have asked him if he can find his high school transcripts("General Secondary Certificate).

I'm trying to figure out if we can apply to Georgian College for him. I think I understand that the process is as follows:

1) apply online through ICASCanada.ca with his original (arabic) documents. I'm not clear about whether they must be submitted with official translations? Does anyone know?

2) I think ICAS will send the report findings to OntarioColleges.ca

3) The next step is to actually apply to OntarioColleges.ca although I'm not certain which I apply to first, ICAS or OCAS(same as OntarioColleges.ca)

Has anyone gone through this? I have spoken to the Registrar at georgian, the Georgian International Centre, Lifeline Syria and someone at ICAS but I'm still confused.

Thank you for any help you can offer...M