Lost password

Dave C

all messages by user

1/22/2016
Topic:
How can I get healthcare in Quebec?

Dave C
Dave C
Hi I landed in toronto 18 months ago and have a valid PR card.

I have lived and worked in Quebec for the last 14months. only now have I managed to get around to applying for the Quebec healthcare. I have the forms infornt of me and I have to provide the original certificate de selection.

As I landed in Ontario I do not have this certificate, but it appears without it I cant register for the healthcare in Quebec. I have checked the website for applications but I dont fall into any of the pigeon holes they have. Im not an economic refugee nor did I apply to Quebec for my initial migration. Ive spokne on the phone with the department and they tell me that I must have one but they are not clear themselves as to which caegory I should classify myself.

Having had the right run about when getting my drivers license switched from Ontario to Quebec I know not to trust what they tell you on the phone as this never passes to the clerk behind the desk who will simply ask for exactly whats on the system. no negotiating with them.

I have my social security number and pay my taxes in Quebec. What happens if I dont qualify and do I really need to pay out another $500 to get another piece of paper to say I live in Canada / Quebec?

Is there any way around this?

thanks in advance