UmmZakariya

all messages by user

2/6/2016
Topic:
Applying for Minor child from Previous Marriage

UmmZakariya
UmmZakariya
Hi All

I am residing in one of the gulf states where child custody laws are really complex. I have a young child (6 years old) from my previous marriage and I'v recently married a Canadian citizen.
I don't currently have the sole custody for my child.
Q: Can I declare this child in my application and apply for my own immigration ( spousal sponsorship by my Canadian husband)?
Q: Do I have to wait for sometime once I move to Canada to apply for my this child to join me in Canada? ( considering that by that time I will have the custody. The application takes around a year from where I will apply so in the meantime I'll work on his sole custody)
Q: once I move to Canada (without my son) is it my husband who will sponsor him OR I will be able to sponsor him asap?

Looking forward to any much needed help (it's about the family and my young child people!)

Thanks a million
2/10/2016
Topic:
Child Sponsorship

UmmZakariya
UmmZakariya
Hi Mrs. Barbiran

Sadly I don't have any info to give you or anything to suggest to you , however, I totally feel you as a mother. I am myself in a similar situation. I haven't applied for my immigration yet because of my son. I am scared to be in a situation as you are in now...May you find an end to this problem and reunite with your daughter.