Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

hereicomecanada

all messages by user

4/1/2016
Topic:
COPR/Visa Name Error - Will Be Corrected at POE?

hereicomecanada
hereicomecanada
Hello all

Although I sent my passport, they made an error in my name (switched first and last name) on the visa and CoPR.

Because of time constraint I already made my travel arrangements to land in mid April and do not have time to get it corrected. I have couple of questions which are as follows:

1. How critical is it to get the error corrected? CoPR and visa are just temporary documents.

2. When I land in mid April, can I send the correction forms along with the forms that the IO prepares so that they can get my correct name on the PR card?

Any reply is appreciated. Thank you
4/2/2016
Topic:

hereicomecanada
hereicomecanada

Hi

Hello all

Although I sent my passport, they made an error in my name (switched first and last name) on the visa and CoPR.

Because of time constraint I already made my travel arrangements to land in mid April and do not have time to get it corrected. I have couple of questions which are as follows:

1. How critical is it to get the error corrected? CoPR and visa are just temporary documents.

2. When I land in mid April, can I send the correction forms along with the forms that the IO prepares so that they can get my correct name on the PR card?

1. You have to get it corrected before you leave, it can't be corrected at the Port of Entry, the reversal of the name is a major problem.
2. The COPR is not a temporary document, you will need to keep it safe, as you will need it when it comes time to apply for your Old age pension.
3. Your PR card, would be issued in exactly the same name that is on your COPR.

PMM

Thank you PMM for the response. Sorry, I was not clear on what I was asking. My passport does not have Surname(Last name) but only given (first) name. I got my visa/CoPR and they have used my given(first) name as Family name and left Given name blank. Its the same thing in my US visa, Given Name is FNU(first name unknown) and Surname is my given name in my passport.

Is this an error that i need to get corrected or that's how it's done in North America? I am planning to enter Canada in mid April. Please advise on what I need to do. Your response is appreciated.

Thank you
4/5/2016
Topic:

hereicomecanada
hereicomecanada
Thank you and sorry for not being clear.

HI

Hi

Hello all

1. You have to get it corrected before you leave, it can't be corrected at the Port of Entry, the reversal of the name is a major problem.
2. The COPR is not a temporary document, you will need to keep it safe, as you will need it when it comes time to apply for your Old age pension.
3. Your PR card, would be issued in exactly the same name that is on your COPR.

PMM

Thank you PMM for the response. Sorry, I was not clear on what I was asking. My passport does not have Surname(Last name) but only given (first) name. I got my visa/CoPR and they have used my given(first) name as Family name and left Given name blank. Its the same thing in my US visa, Given Name is FNU(first name unknown) and Surname is my given name in my passport.

Is this an error that i need to get corrected or that's how it's done in North America? I am planning to enter Canada in mid April. Please advise on what I need to do. Your response is appreciated.

Thank you

1. If you don't have a surname, your given name will be in the surname box on the COPR and the given name will be blank, the same for your PR card. So you don't have to do anything.

2. Your original posted stated that your surname and given name were reversed, so I gave you a response to that question. You never said you didn't have a surname.

PMM
4/5/2016
Topic:
Completing Forms before Landing

hereicomecanada
hereicomecanada
Hello all

I was wondering if there are any other forms apart from B4 and B4A forms that we need to fill out when we land in Canada?

And is it better to fill out those forms before landing?

Thank you
4/5/2016
Topic:
Advice on Travel Arrangement to Land Needed

hereicomecanada
hereicomecanada
Hello All,

I was planning on entering Canada at the Niagara Border Rainbow Bridge on 15th of April to get the PR card processed.

Answers to following questions can help me plan my trip:

1. Can anyone tell me how long does it take for the whole process at this location.

2. From the CBSA website, it says that the service is 24 hrs at this location.

I just want to make sure they provide immigration service 24 hrs and on the weekend as well.

3. I was going to travel to Toronto on 16th for sightseeing.

Are there any chance I can be asked to visit the office the following day (that is on 16th) to complete the process.

I appreciate your response
Thank you