Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

6/3/2016
Topic:
Pregnant without OHIP - Waiting for AIP

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi, I'm four months pregnant, married to a Canadian, have applied for my Premanent Residency but still waiting on AIP ( Approval in Principle ) letter to apply for OHIP.

I can't afford the visits to doctor as I don't work.

What should I do?

I moved to Gatineau a month ago from Brockville. In Gatineau I'm not abale to find any place where they will see me free of charge or on a discount :(
6/3/2016
Topic:
PR card Expired - PRTD - Can I start process?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello, i was hoping to be able to gather some information.

I know that for the PRTD i need to do it abroad.

My PR card is expired and the application has not been processed yet so i will not be receiving my new one for a while.

I want to visit my home country next month but only for a week.

I was wondering if i can start the application before i leave because costa ricas embassy is in guatemala and the time it will take is most likely longer than my stay.

Ive tried contacting the agencies in guatemala and they havent been able to give me any information about the subject.

if you know anything about it i would appreciate it so much. Thank you for your time.
6/6/2016
Topic:
PR Residency Requirements - From what date?

ForumUser
ForumUser
For keeping PR active we have to stay 2 years out of 5 years.

From which date the day one starts, is it the day of landing, or day when we got the PR card...etc

please clarify.
6/6/2016
Topic:
Questions about Sponsoring Spouse Requirements

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

Can you please help me find some information about sponsering my spouse from america!

To come to canada to stay!

Please im having trouble figuring out if u need to have a certain amount of money what are the requirments i have to first take how to fill out the forms properly!

Just very confused many websites say different Things
6/6/2016
Topic:
Sharing Living Space with Landlord's Family Member

ForumUser
ForumUser
Where do I find information on my rights as a tenant when I share living space with the landlords daughter.
6/7/2016
Topic:
Eligible for E.I. if relocating for Spouse's Job?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I need some help locating information.

My wife has accepted a position in Toronto and we need to move from Calgary.

I have heard that I may qualify for EI insurance because my spouse is relocating. Is this true and if so, how do I find the info i need in order to see if I qualify?

Is there any other moving assistance offered on a federal or province of Ont level?

I have a list of placement agencies I plan on contacting this week (We need to be settled in Toronto by 3rd week of July) to line up meetings to assist with my job hunt.

Thank-You for your time.
6/7/2016
Topic:
Where can I exchange my Driver's Licence?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I would like to know which address to go to, if i want to exchange my driver's license and get the canadian one.

And also how to pass the G1 and G2 tests
6/7/2016
Topic:
Healthcare Cost Coverage while in Canada

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

My wife is a canadian citizen and i have P.R and we have just had a baby boy and want to come to Canada for him to meet the rest of his family.

We are living outside Canada at the moment and want to know what we need to do for healthcare for our son and myself while we are there for the month that we are visiting family.

We are flying into Canada on the 14th of June
6/8/2016
Topic:
Exchange Australian Driver's Licence - Possible?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi
I migarated from Australia to Canada

I have 6 year old driving licence with abstract.

Do I have to give the test or it will transfer directly.

Thanks
6/8/2016
Topic:
Construction Noise in my Building - Rights?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Dear Sir or Madame:

I live in a Building in London Ontario. Recently they have started jackhammering into the concrete in every unit because they want to replace the electrical heating with something more efficient. The noise is alarmingly loud and they refuse to knock on my door and give me warning so that I can vacate the building when the jackhammers start up.

The decent thing to have done would have been to give the tenants 2 or 3 months notice, advising them of the loud impending noise and people could have given their notice and moved if they so chose.

Have I any rights in this situation? Have I grounds sto move without giving them 60 days notice.

Thank you for any help you can give in this matter.
6/8/2016
Topic:
Eviction based on Late Rent Payment - Possible?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My landlord is trying to evict us on the fact he says we have been late by as long as 8 days after due date.

Is there a time line and amount of days you could be late on your rent?
6/9/2016
Topic:
Do we have to wait 3-Month Waiting Period?

ForumUser
ForumUser
We did our first landing in April 2015 and we settle mostly in April 2017 for good,

still we have to wait for 3 months waiting time for medical benefits?

we had not applied for medical card in April 15 trip.
6/9/2016
Topic:
Translate a Driver's Licence to English

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi There,

Need your help to translating my driver's licence from Arabic to English.

Regards
6/9/2016
Topic:
How can I finalize a Divorce?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My ex-wife and I would like to file for Divorce.

We have a signed separation agreement and the process will be uncontested.

What form(s) are required to complete in order to finalize our Divorce?

Thanks for your help.
6/10/2016
Topic:
How can I sponsor?-Receiving Ontario Works

ForumUser
ForumUser
To whom it may concern,

Hello my name is Curtis and me and my fiancée have been in a relationship now for six wonderful months and we plan on getting married in Ontario next April.

I am currently a recipent of Ontario Works and am in rhe process of Ontario Disability due to a back injury that I received at work many years ago, depression because of it, and also due to having social anxiety.

We met last December on a game of all places and we instantly hit it off.

I got my first passport in January of this year and she bought me a plane ticket to go meet her and her family in March.

I was detained by the Border patrol Officers upon entry in the United Kingdom and was interiogated for nine hours about the purpose for my visit and I at first told them that I was there to visit a friend but then told them that I was actually there to visit my girlfriend at the time.

I was not able to contact any of my family members or my fiancée until these nine hours had passed. So unfortunately, I was unable to meet my fiancée on my first attempt.

She got a plane ticket dated two days later and came to visit me in Canada for three of the most wonderful weeks of our lives. She is coming for a second visit in July and is going to spend the summer with me here in Canada as she is a playgroup assistant in England and she gets her summers off.
( Sorry to ramble on here but I'm trying to describe to you our situation and hardship(s) ) She graduated University last September and has been working ever since.

We have researched quite extensively for the best way for her to be able to live with Mr in Canada after we are married next year but we are in need of assistance as we want to find our best way for her to be able to do so.

We looked into her applying as a skilled worker but the fact that she has less than a year of part time work disables her from having the minimum hours required to do so.

The fact that I'm unable to be her sponsor as I'm currently a recipient of Ontario Works is also disheartening.

We were just wondering what would our best way to go about her being able to live with me in Canada next year once we are married?

Do we have to wait for her to get the work hours in it do we wait to see if I receive Ontario Disability?

I did receive their decision today and of course it was a no which was exactly what we were expecting as by default that is how Ontario Disability works as most people will not bother with an appeal. The good thing about this is that I'm not 'most people' and I'm already expecting this to go all the way to the Tribunal board. Any help for us is much appreciated and we look forward to heating any advise from anyone.

On a side note: Why does the Government of Canada feel that people of 'poor' status not deserve the right to fall in love and live with the one person in the world that truly understands you just like everyone else?

I feel as if my rights as a human being are being violated here. Now tell me, Am I wrong to feel this way? Or is it just the way the world that we live in works? My fiancée wants to come to Canada and take care of me not only financially but in a way that I so desperately need.. Emotionally.

Sincerely yours,

Curtis