Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

12/14/2017
Topic:
Still Have Not Received PR Card - Options?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

I had confirmation of permanent residency and moved into the country August 15th, 2017.

I received an email that I had to re-submit photos for my file.

I sent those pictures in on Oct 19th, 2017.

I have not heard anything about it since.

I feel frusturated because I simply want to know if my PR card has been sent and lost, or not sent yet, or if thry didn't receive the photos...the website and help line have not provided me any help.

Thus I am hoping you can lead me in the right direction or give me a phone number so I can figure out whats going on.

And as far as I understand I am not encouraged to leave the country without my PR card- will my confirmation of permanent residenct be okay to travel with?
12/14/2017
Topic:
How Can I Sponsor My Common-Law Partner?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am a Canadian citizen who has lived in Mongolia for the last 12 years and have just recently come back to Canada (October, 2017).

I want to bring my common law partner to Canada.

We have lived together for the past 12 years and have a daughter who is now 11 and is a Canadian citizen.

Both my partner and daughter are still living in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

I want to bring them to Canada as soon as possible.

My daughter, as a Canadian is no problem.

But I need advise and help to bring my partner and my daughter's mother to Canada.

I want my partner to relocate permanently to live with me and my daughter here in Canada.

Please advise how I should proceed.

Thank you
12/14/2017
Topic:
Looking For Housing

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi I'm on a waiting list for housing but it may take Less then a year but all these landlords I come across want 1 year lease commitments. Could you help me? I'm needing a place by Jan 10th

I am in Hamilton
12/14/2017
Topic:
Proof of Residency - OHIP - Sponsored Parent

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

I have a question regarding proof of residency in Ontario for sponsored parent. Since we support her she doesn't have any of documents from "Proof of Residency in Ontario" list.

How can she apply for OHIP without this ?
12/14/2017
Topic:
Food Science & Technology-Certification Required?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I am applying for immigration in Skilled worker program in Ontario, Canada.

I have done my Masters in Food Science and Technology. Please suggest will i need a licence or certification to practice my occupation.
12/15/2017
Topic:
OHIP and Travel

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen but not a current resident. I will be returning to Canada to reside there permanently in 2018. I am aware of the 3 month waiting period for OHIP, and the 153 mandatory stay to qualify.

However, I work for a travel company and am required to travel about 50% of the time. That means I can't stay in Ontario for those first 153 days unless I quit my job.

Is there an option available for people like myself whose jobs require travel?

Thanks!
12/15/2017
Topic:
English Proficiency and Citizenship

ForumUser
ForumUser
I have questions related to whether my family and I are required to take any english tests to prove that we can speak the language.

As well as if we have taken previous English proficiency exams such ss IELTS or similar ones do they count or is there a specific period and it expires.

Thank you
12/19/2017
Topic:
Canada Child Benefits - Divorced

ForumUser
ForumUser
Good afternoon;

Since my separation and eventual divorce, I have never received any Child Tax Benefits, despite asking my tax preparers every year.

My ex and I agreed to alternating years for receiving.

How do I get this?
12/19/2017
Topic:
Cannot Find My SIN Card

ForumUser
ForumUser
I cannot find my SIN Card.

How can I have another one sent to me?
12/19/2017
Topic:
Eligibility for OSAP and Other Benefits

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

I am a a new immigrant to Canada.

I would like to know what are the settlement benefit for a new comer like my family of four including 2 kids below 8 years.

The main purpose to know my eligibility for OSAP .
12/19/2017
Topic:
Auto Company Still Withdrawing Payments

ForumUser
ForumUser
My vehicle was financed by a financial company, the car has been paid for and yet the company is still withdrawing monies from my accounts.
12/19/2017
Topic:
Eligible for Employment Insurance?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I live in Cochrane Alberta.

Our employer is making us job share for the next six months.

We are working one week on then a week off.

Are we eligible for Employment Insurance because our income has been reduced by fifty percent?

Thank you.
12/19/2017
Topic:
Possible to Claim a Disability Benefit?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My Mom is in a old age home and is paying nearly $5,000 a month.

See has limited investments.

She is physically disabled.

Can she claim a disability benefit.
12/21/2017
Topic:
Can We Still Get a Marriage Licence?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My Fiance is a British Citizen but does not have any Documentation for Canada.

Will this impede our ability to get a marriage license?

If so, what can we do to get our marriage license so that we can get married in Ontario/Canada?

Thank you!
12/21/2017
Topic:
Ontario Photo Card - For My Son

ForumUser
ForumUser
My son does needs a ontario I'd card.

Can I get the guarantee form sent to us?