Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

2/15/2018
Topic:
Can I Re-Enter Canada? PR Card is Valid

ForumUser
ForumUser
I m PR of Canada.Landed on june,16,2015,stayed 35 days n went back.

I m out of Canada for 2 years n 7 months.

I want to re-enter Canada on March 31,2018.

My PR Card is valid till August 29,2020.

Can I re-enter Canada officially.

Can I continue PR status further.
2/15/2018
Topic:
How Can We Both Get Citizenship?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I live in Mesa Arizona USA and my husband and mother in law are both Canadian citizens does that mean my daughter may already be a citizen or do I need to do the paper work to make her a citizen.

Also do I have to be living there to make sure she gets citizenship?

And for me do I get citizenship by marriage?
3/1/2018
Topic:
Not Met Residency Requirements - Sponsor Spouse

ForumUser
ForumUser
I have just married and I stayed with my wife for just one month as i had to come back to Canada. I want to sponsor here but I stayed in Canada one year and 2 months in the last 5 years as I had a family troubles obliged me to stay in my country taking care of my parents.But now I intend to stay in Canada and not to leave and I have already transferred all my life here job and study so,

1) am I eligible to apply ? or I have to wait until completing 730 days to be able to apply?
2) can my wife apply for the immigration without causing a problem to me?
3) can I restart the immigration from the beginin again?
4) Or I have to choose to loose Canada or to loose my wife?
Please I need your advise as I'm in a very hard situation please help me to find a solution

Thanks
3/5/2018
Topic:
PR Status - Only Allowed To Stay Abroad 6 Months?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

I want to ask about my permanent resident card.

I already received my PR card last January 2018 and I wish to travel outside canada for about 9 months in a row. Do I still need to notify the immigration about it? Do I need to file a permit in order to stay for more than 6 months outside Canada?

Because before the rule is if you're a permanent resident in Canada you only have 6 months most to stay outside Canada.

So, I'm also asking if this law is still applicable today?
4/3/2018
Topic:
PR - Can I Leave Canada for 1 Year?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

I received my permanent residency this year.

I want to travel for a year in Australia and am wondering if I can leave for a year and come back to live in canada with my PR intact?

I have lived in Vancouver for 3 years
5/9/2018
Topic:
Returning to Canada Right Before PR card Expires

ForumUser
ForumUser
I'm planning on a 3 week vacation trip in January 2019.

I plan to return to Canada Jan 25th. My PR card expires Feb 2019.

Will I be still be able to fly back home after which I'll promptly apply to renew my PR card.
5/15/2018
Topic:
Return to Canada without a PR card - Options?

ForumUser
ForumUser
If I am a landed immigrant in Canada for about 40 years and I am waiting for a my permanent residence card When I travel what documents do I need to enter back into the country?

Is my Landed Immigration Identification Record paper enough?
8/30/2018
Topic:
Child Born Abroad to PRs - Sponsorship

ForumUser
ForumUser
I have a question that if my child born Outside canada in visa waiver country and im Permanent resident of canada.

(1) how can i apply for PR of child after coming back to canada with him?

(2) When we can get Child benefit ? Can we get child benefit if applicationfor sponsoring child inland is under process??

(3) how long usually it take to get PR of child?

Thanks.
1/3/2019
Topic:
Is an eTA the same as a TRP?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Is an ETA ( passport from Italy)the same as a temporary resident permit?

Can you apply for a SIN card with an ETA from inside Canada?
7/30/2019
Topic:
Can my Son get Canadian Citizenship?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello

My father was born in Canada in 1947. Immigrated outside if canada when I was born (1973), He issued me with a Canadian citizenship. My eldest daughter was born in 2005 I made a request for citizenship for her and was easily accepted.

I was really upset that the Canadians laws were changed on 4.2009 and according to the embassy in my country, I cant submit a request that the law is different and my son is not entitled to citizenship unless he lives in Canada for several years.

Some important questions:

1) Is it possible to get citizenship through the grandfather ? (my father?)
My father, who was born in Canada, could he fulfill a request for a grandchild?

2) I got a Canadian citizenship (outside of Canada) many years before my son was born, when he was born i was already a Canadian citizen... maybe that can help...

3) Is there another way, perhaps to argue that it is problematic for a father and daughter to have a citizenship and my son (the same family) without citizenship??

4) Maybe a sponsor? In my understanding, sponsorship still requires him to travel for a few years in Canada.

I would be happy to help you if there is any way to prevent "discrimination"

My son vs daughter ??

Thanks in advance
7/2/2020
Topic:
Will My Divorce be Recognized in Ontario?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I'd like to know if Ontario will recognize a legal divorce in Japan. My ex-wife and I were married in both Ontario and Japan. We divorced in Japan.
7/2/2020
Topic:
How can I request a letter confirming my SIN?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I have my sin number. Im looking to get a letter that confirms this. how can I do this with all the centers being closed currently?

Thank you so much
7/28/2020
Topic:
Can my landlord ask for rent early?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I would like to know if it is legal for the landlord to insist on paying rent 3 or 4 days prior to the first of the month. I have told them my rent is payed with my pension which is deposited on the first. I have never missed a payment but they continue to harass me. They say its because it takes 3 to 5 days for them to get the money. Can they evict me just because of this.
8/18/2020
Topic:
Do I have to pay for a new birth certificate?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello good morning. I sadly lost my birth certificate for my kids I was wonder if you have to pay for a new one? And where can I get a new one I heard that if you go to a hospital they will apparently give you a free one but I don’t know if that is true. But yea that’s all I have to ask thank you so much and stay safe and have a good day
8/28/2020
Topic:
What do I do with a lost health card?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I found an OHIP card - what should I do with it?