Lost password

ForumUser

all messages by user

6/13/2016
Topic:
Issues with my Tenants

ForumUser
ForumUser
I had tenants in my place and they have done few damages in the house.

They are water damage.

I need to speak to someone on how to go about this.
6/13/2016
Topic:
Foreign Trained Lawyer - Questions

ForumUser
ForumUser
My wife will come Toronto next month as landed immigrant.

She has 12 years experience lawyer in Turkey an also has a mediator certificate.

She wants to be a mediator in Toronto and We would like to take detailed information about this

Thank you very much for all your help and interest
Best regards
6/13/2016
Topic:
Landing Soon - PR card, OHIP and SIN

ForumUser
ForumUser
I have applied Federal Skilled Worker in 2014 and the application is recently approved. I am going to land Toronto in end June 2016, would like to know more about the PR card and OHIP.

1. I would like to confirm that if I need to apply PR card, or that would be done as a part of immigration process and I will automatically receive your new card by mail once my address in Canada is provided.

2. The OHIP card can be applied once I landed in Toronto, any minimum stay before application is required?

3. Regarding SIN, can I also apply after landing?

4. Btq, my wife is pregnant right now but we intend to give birth in home country, however, do I need to report pregnancy during landing entry to Canada?
6/13/2016
Topic:
Found Health Card

ForumUser
ForumUser
I found someone health card and would like to be able to return it to him, but there is no address on it. Is there a way he could be contacted to have the card returned?
6/14/2016
Topic:
Moving Back to Canada - Carrying Funds

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello.

I would like to inquire on travelling to Canada as a Canadian Citizen residing abroad and travelling with more than CAD $ 10,000?

What are the duty fees on carrying more than the allowed amount please?

Thank you, AJ
6/16/2016
Topic:
Have not received PR card yet - Check status?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

My parents loaded Canada as the new immigrants on April 21, but still don't receive the PR card.

May we know where we can check the latest status?
6/16/2016
Topic:
Moving from Montreal to Markham - Questions

ForumUser
ForumUser
My wife and I planning to move to Markham where she has her daughter there.

We need to know about how to transfer healthcare, driver's licences, find a doctor, a place to live and who to see about attaching a licence plate to the front of our car that has no visible attachments.

I am retired so I need to know what effect moving will have on my pension if any.

My wife will be looking for work or starting up a business.

We are planning to move sometime this year definitely before Winter probably during the Summer or Fall.

There must be other things to think about that aren't coming to mind right now.
6/16/2016
Topic:
Can I collect E.I.? -How many work hours needed?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi there

I was wondering if there was a way to find out how many hours I've worked in order to collect EI if I am laid off.

Also, if I am laid off from my full time job, in order for me to attend college full time, can I collect EI for being laid off during that time period?
6/16/2016
Topic:
PR living with Canadian Spouse in US - Days count?

ForumUser
ForumUser
My grandaughter is married to a US citizen and living in the US.

Her husband has received permanent residency in Canada as of Feb. 2015.

She believes that because she is a CA citizen that her days in the US count for him.

I think not, that he needs 730 days in CA to keep residency.

She also thinks that the time they lived together before his getting residency in Canada before going back to US count.

I think not.

Please help.

Thank you.
6/16/2016
Topic:
Can I claim E.I? Am I eligible?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I would like to know if I can clam unemployment while I am working only 12-20 hours a week
6/16/2016
Topic:
How can I get an Ontario Driver's Licence?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hi,

I just got a work permit for canada for 2 years and my job requires a g licence.

How do i go about doing this?

I have an international drivers licence and a trinidad drivers licence for 6years.

What do i have to do to get the g licence?
6/16/2016
Topic:
Expired PR Card-What to use as Proof of Residency?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I want to know how can a person provide proof of Canadian Permanent Residency Status to an education institution if his Permanent Resident Card is expired and he doesn't have anymore the landing paper.

Applying today it will take 6 months to have a Proof of Resident Status document application processed, but he needs to provide a proof of status to the University as soon as possible to be able to register for this Fall courses.

Thank you in advance for your attention.
6/16/2016
Topic:
Do we still have to wait 3-months for OHIP?

ForumUser
ForumUser
We did our first landing in April 2015 and we settle mostly in April 2017 for good, still we have to wait for 3 months waiting time for medical benefits?

we had not applied for medical card in April 15 trip.
6/17/2016
Topic:
OHIP Coverage while Outside Canada - Possible?

ForumUser
ForumUser
I live outside Canada , 5-6 months out of the year hence am not a burden on the provincial system in Ontario.

That being said I do sometimes need to see a doctor outside Canada due to a condition that can't wait 5 months to be attended in Canada , example bladder infection.

Can this doctor visit be covered by Ohip and if so how do I make a claim?
6/20/2016
Topic:
Can we do our landing in Thunder Bay?

ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

We recently received our permanent residency and were wondering where in Thunder Bay do we have to do our landing?

Is it at Grand Portage/Pigeon River?