fus

all messages by user

7/29/2016
Topic:
Problem in registering daughter to school

fus
fus
Hello,

I had gone for my daughter's school registration at one of the welcome centers, but they denied her admission since her PR was expired.

They told me she is not a PR anymore until her PR is renewed.

I have my COPR (confirmation of Permanent Residency) document, which was listed as one of the document required for admission.

I am quite sure that expired PR does not mean that she has lost her residency, can you tell me who to contact?

Is there a document that shows that PR status is not lost on expiry of the card.

They told me that I would have to register her as an international student, which does not make sense.
9/19/2018
Topic:
PR Card Renewal

fus
fus
Hello,

I hope you can help with my question. My PR card has expired long time ago, in last many years I have lived in and outside Canada.

I moved back to Canada in June 2016 permanently and have been working here since then. I have never left the country in last 2 years and 4 months and have lived her continuously.

I may need to travel out in next few months and would require valid PR card to enter back.

First question,

I wanted to know if I meet the residency obligation and can now apply for renewal of my PR card?

Second question,

Next year June 2019, I will also be eligible for citizenship, can I apply for citizenship on expired PR card?

Thank you,

fus