Lost password

hi

all messages by user

8/11/2016
Topic:
Tax on personal effects

hi
hi
I and my family landed on Toronto in December 2014 and got permanent residency.

We did not submit B4 form that time and returned to our country after a week stay in Toronto.

Now we came to Toronto to settle here for good and want to bring our personal belongings by shipment, so we showed B4 form to the officer at the airport but he said he cannot give a stamp on it and there is nothing I can do but pay tax on our belongings.

I called the Border Information Services (BIS) and I was told to go to the CBSA office in Mississauga and explain my problem to the officer but the staff on the phone said she cannot guarantee because it is the officer's discretion.

So I am wondering what is the possibility of getting a stamp on the B4 form by visiting the office in Mississauga.

I really regret that I did not know that I had to obtain a stamp on the form at the time of the first landing.

Any assistance is highly appreciated.
8/18/2016
Topic:
Tax on personal effects

hi
hi
Thank you very much for your reply.

I want to know how much tax must be paid to receive my personal effects as exactly as possible so I called the Boarder Information Services again but it was very difficult to understand what the staff said on the phone. My English is not good enough to understand such complicated matters by talking on the phone, so I would like to talk with someone face to face if possible. Please let me know if there are any information services I can ask for help.

I cannot send shipment without knowing what percentage of tax is imposed on each single item.

What I want to know is;

What percentage exactly is imposed on items such as toys, books, clothing, and home electronic appliances.

You said 13 percent of used value is taxed on some items. How is the "used value" is calculated? Who decides the "used value"? Am I supposed to report the value by myself?

It sounds it is such a time-consuming task to calculate tax amount on each single item. How long does it take until I can receive the personal effects after my shipment arrives at Toronto?

Your support is highly appreciated. Thank you very much.
10/26/2016
Topic:
Canada Child Benefit Eligibility

hi
hi
My husband and I are both permanent residents living in Toronto with our daughter. We landed about two months ago. Our daughter was born in our own country after we got permanent resident status, so she is staying here as a visitor. We already applied for our daughter's permanent residence and it is being processed now.

So I am wondering if I am eligible to receive the CCB for my daughter before staying here for 18 months. We meet all the requirements posted on the following site and it does not mention anything about the child's status. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/ccb/bfrppl-eng.html

Your support is highly appreciated. Thank you so much.