drfarahfatima

all messages by user

8/17/2016
Topic:
Travel To USA before receiving the PR Card

drfarahfatima
drfarahfatima
Hi,

We (I,my husband and my child) are reaching Canada by September last week from India.

We received our PR recently and we need to enter Canada before November.

We are planning to visit our relatives in US for 2 weeks (October last week to November 1st week) . we have received US Tourist visa as well. But by the time of October last week (Less than 30 days of our entry into canada), we would not have received out PR card.

Is there any other way to travel to US and come back to Canada other than applying for Travel document.

From reading the previous posts. i could gather that we can travel through rental cars without applying for travel document but just by showing other proofs like copies of letter of PR issued by Canada or PR passport stamping which expires only by November 2016. Please correct my understanding, if i am wrong.

If applying for travel document is the only way, Can i apply for the travel document in advance now from India for those dates(November 2016) and Where should i apply?

Appreciate your help
8/17/2016
Topic:
Obtaining Driving History from TN(Chennai), India

drfarahfatima
drfarahfatima
Hi,

I received Canada PR in May 2016 and I am travelling to Canada in September

I have Indian Driving Licence for the past 13 years. The Driving Licence is in English.

1) For applying Driving License (Type G), do i need International Driving permit / License or will my Indian driving licence suffice.

2) Whom or which office should i approach in Tamil Nadu (Chennai), India to get the Driving History which is required in Ontario to directly qualify for the (Type - G) Licence.

3) Coming as PR holder to Canada, Can i drive car from day 1 after landing in Canada? Will my Indian driving licence valid till i apply for the Ontario driving licence (Maximum of 2 months)?

Appreciate your help
8/17/2016
Topic:
Best way to Transfer Household items from India

drfarahfatima
drfarahfatima
Hi,

I am immigrating to Canada from India in September 2016. Which is the best way to bring personal belongings (Books, Cloths etc) Through Cargo or Paying extra charges for additional loads in the flight? Which option is cheaper and which is Safer?

Anyone has experience in transferring belongings through Cargo?
8/17/2016
Topic:
returning from the U.S. without a PR card

drfarahfatima
drfarahfatima
Hi Wof37,

Did you manage to Travel to US and return back to Canada? i am in a similar situation planning to travel to US in October.
8/19/2016
Topic:
Driver's Licence - When do the 60 days start?

drfarahfatima
drfarahfatima
Can we drive in Canada during the 1st 60 days after landing using India driving licence? Or do we need IDP?
8/19/2016
Topic:
Travel To USA before receiving the PR Card

drfarahfatima
drfarahfatima
Could you please help us by explaining what are the "other documents you can use " to enter the country when returning by private vehicle? The link given does not provide detail explanation.
Whether
1) COPR Document can be used as a proof ?
2) lease agreement signed for housing?
8/19/2016
Topic:
returning from the U.S. without a PR card

drfarahfatima
drfarahfatima
wof37 wrote:
Hi drfarahfatima,

I haven't landed yet. But from checking on the Internet, I think it is a big hassle to apply for PRTD. Need to apply for it at a visa office outside Canada and it could take 3 weeks.

Regards

Hi Wof37,

Thanks for sharing the information. We received almost similar information through our friends circle. Do you know what all documents can be given as proof in the border when returning in private vehicle to Canada from US. Following documents seems valid but not sure if Canadian BSF accepts them

1) COPR document
2) Rental Lease agreement