skyhigh

all messages by user

10/19/2016
Topic:
Validity of my PR status

skyhigh
skyhigh
Hi,

I was a landed immigrant back in 1997 and am still holding my record of landing.

After landing in 1997, I also got my identification card (but already expired) and care card.

Due to family reasons, I didn't stay in Canada but go back to my home town in the same year. I never went back to Canada since then and therefore didn't have the chance to renew my PR status.

I understand that I don't fulfill the residency requirement for the renewal of PR status.

So my question is whether I should reapply for the immigration visa again if I now want to work and live in Canada.

Many thanks
10/19/2016
Topic:
Can I still renew my PR card?

skyhigh
skyhigh
Hi,

I was a landed immigrant back in 1997 and am still holding my record of landing.

After landing in 1997, I also got my identification card (but already expired) and care card. Due to family reasons, I didn't stay in Canada but go back to my home town in the same year.

I never went back to Canada since then and therefore didn't have the chance to renew my PR status.

I understand that I don't fulfill the residency requirement for the renewal of PR status.

So my question is whether I should reapply for the immigration visa again if I now want to work and live in Canada.

Many thanks