all messages by user

2/26/2019
Topic:
Definition of Sibling

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hi,
Glad to hear that you got your PPR.
I am just wondering if you can help me understand a situation. The DNA test you did was it yours and your sister's? And the adoption happened in or outside Canada?
Thank you.
Lahbib
2/26/2019
Topic:
Travel to Canada while Applying for Citizenship

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
My apologies for the suggestion that you can use your German passport to fly to Canada while you are a Canadian citizen (Though not sure if the child is considered a Canadian citizen or not yet in the IRCC data base). I think that PMM suggestions are worth trying.
Thank you and good luck
Lahbib
German Canadian wrote:
Thank you for your answer.

Lahbib70 wrote:
Hello,
My understanding is that you are in the process of applying for your child's Canadian citizenship certificate. Currently, he is a German citizen and accordingly he can travel to Canada as any foreigner using a German passport.

Canada recognize dual citizenship, so even if he is recognized as a Canadian citizen he can always use the German passport if it is not conflicting with German laws.
Please check the link below:
https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/documents/dual-citizenship
You can always contact the Canadian Visa Office in Germany for more details and clarification.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/germany/contact_us.html

Have a nice day

Lahbib

1.) That is correct. But we got the clear statement from the Canadian Embassy in Germany, that once he is listed in the "Canadian Citizenship Database" he can only travel to Canada using a Canadian passport, bot his German. So we wonder, WHEN is he listed into that database? AFTER reeiving the certificate, or already now WHILE we are applying for the certificate.

2.) That is -to my knowledge- not correct. If you hold two passports, you can only use the one of the country you are travelling to, when you enter that country. That knowledge does comply with the statement the Canadian Embassy gave us.
In our case when we enter Canada, we MUST use the Canadian passport, when we travel back to Germany, we MUST use the German.

Best Regards from Germany
3/6/2019
Topic:
Security Clearance Certificate

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
mustafaf wrote:
Hello,

I came from Jordan as Government Sponsor Refugee on Jan-10-2016. I am PR since Jan-10-2016. I did not leave Canada since that time.
I lived in Jordan from Sep-12-2012 till Jan-10-2016.

Now I want to apply for the Citizenship.

My question is:

Should I provide a Security Clarence Certificate from Jordan for the time I have lived there?

Thank you for your help

Mustafa

Hello,

If you check the Canadian citizenship application form(CIT002), section 10 - b ; you will see a Note that says: "If you were in your country of origin immediately prior of becoming permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within the four years period, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED to provide a police certificate"
You can always call IRCC call centre to confirm the information.
Have a nice day.
Lahbib
9/20/2019
Topic:
Study Permits and Work Permit

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

I can see that you asked questions that part of them can only be answered by you, such as if you want to bring your children right away or wait until you settle. Some think that bringing family help to adjust and settle quickly as emotional support and family presence around. Others, not.
Anyway, you can apply for the whole family if you want as the spouse will be eligible to apply for an open work permit. Children (Minors), mostly they do not need a permit to study:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=488&top=15

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children/need-permit.html

I do not think delaying applying for family members has any effect as the their coming to Canada to join you as family members is allowed as long as you are yourself eligible to stay in Canada.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/help-your-spouse-common-law-partner-work-canada.html

Thank you
9/23/2019
Topic:
Can I be Deported? - Threats

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Shahzad wrote:
PMM wrote:
Hi

Hello,
You would probably have to talk to a lawyer. Meanwhile, you can always check the following link regarding division of property after a marriage ends:
http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/divorce/division_of_property/

Thank you.

Lahbib

Shahzad wrote:
Hello

I am a citizen.my wife sponsored me back in 2008. We have kids. We have some family issues and my wife dont want to live with me.she said I will deported you.

Can she really deport me after 11 years of living togather.

Can my citizenship be revoked.

I really dont want to go back my country.

I am living in the house for now.she said couple of times leave the house.

My other family does not talk to me. I am very depressed and feeling alone.

Can you please tell me what should I do in this situation?

Thanks

1. No, she can't. Your citizenship can only be revoked for a fraudulent application.

2. Talk to a lawyer specializing in family matters.

Thanks for reply:

I have a bussiness here, we have shared property and accounts , what about the things if she does not want to live with me anymore.? Mistake was mine ,
can I still get the share of the things if she does file a divorce ? what other options she has ?
10/21/2019
Topic:
Address, Employment,Travel for PR Card Renewal

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,
Regarding the Work and education history, entries should reflect the change of city/country too exactly as you mentioned. Whenever an address changed, a new entry is needed ( You have options to add a blank sheet of paper for extra entries or more conveniently use another copy of the form itself)
Concerning the travel history, you do not have to worry about time difference. IRCC requires you to record the date you left Canada and the date you returned.
You can always be residing at an address on a certain day and be in other the following day or even move from a place to another the same day(Two addresses /the same day)
Hope that was helpful.
Lahbib
10/28/2019
Topic:
New Arrival PR card

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
abhidarekar wrote:
Hi,
Me and my wife landed in Canada on 5th October.

It's been more than two weeks now and I have not received my PR card nor any update if it's even couriered.

Normally how much time does it take?

Should I wait another week? or do I need to contact someone?

if so could any proved me any way to get this information.

Hello,

You can check the processing times using the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html#
Currently. it is 19 days.
Have a wonderful day

Lahbib
11/12/2019
Topic:
How long after landing can I sponsor my family ?

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

I would like to know what is your current immigration status in Canada, and were you allowed to enter Canada as a PR after your long absence?
Those details will help to figure out if you can go ahead with your sponsorship application.
Lahbib

I_miss_soccer wrote:
Hi,

I received my Landing Documents for Canada about 5 years ago. I came and stayed for 2 months and then had to return to the UK urgently to look after a sick relative. Note: I am a British born citizen and hold high education certificates. Whilst in the UK I obtained employment and worked for 4 years. I also met my (now) wife and had a child. I married about 3 years ago.

After careful discussion with my wife, I returned to Canada in May 2019 with the intention to live here permanently and sponsor my family at earliest opportunity. Since I have been in Canada I have found employment in a qualified job role with good remuneration.

I know that I need to be present in Canada for 730 days to fulfill my PR residency requirements and can thereafter sponsor my family. However, my wife and child are now missing me extremely as I miss them. My wife is also a Brtish born citizen with a good civil service job in the UK.

Can I fill out their sponsorship forms prior to the 730 being completed...I have now been in Canada for 193 days.
11/12/2019
Topic:
Returning to canada

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,
Here is the most probable scenario. You would probably return to Canada as a visitor not as a permanent resident or landing immigrant.
The visa officer will determine how you are entering Canada. You would probably be let in as a visitor. However, if you decide to apply for permanent residence card from within Canada , your application would not be accepted as you do not meet the physical presence requirement. There are exceptions to the 730 days physical presence requirements. Immigration officers will let you know their decision.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1466&top=10

Lahbib

Doubled wrote:
Hello. I have the imm1000 record of landing which i got when i was 9 years old, i am now 30 and planning to go back to canada? Can i go back and apply for the pr?
11/18/2019
Topic:
Copy of Rental Lease Agreements

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

Please check the following link.
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?OpenForm&ACT=RDR&TAB=PROFILE&SRCH=&ENV=WWE&TIT=2229E&NO=047-2229E

Have a wonderful day.

Lahbib

lee675 wrote:
Greetings everyone.

We just registered today with settlement.org. This is our first post.

We presently live in Quebec and are in the process of re-locating to somewhere in Eastern Ontario in the coming year (2020). (More specifically we are looking to settle near Cornwall or just west of around the 1000 islands area.

My question is, how can one obtain a copy of a Rental Lease Agreement (paper or digital). We would like to better understand the rules, laws and regulations in renting apartments in Ontario. What are the rights of a landlord? What are the rights of tenants? Also, like here in Quebec their is a housing rental board, is their one in Ontario, if so, do they have a website to go to for further information.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank You.
11/18/2019
Topic:
About my Permanent Residence Card.

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

Please check the following link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

Have a nice day.
Lahbib

lorenz29 wrote:
Its been 1 year and a half i havent receive my Renewed Pr Card. What should i do to have it or to know wheres my Pr card now or whats tha status of my pr card now...??
11/18/2019
Topic:
How long after landing can I sponsor my family ?

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hi,

The things you need to look at are; whether you PR card expired or not yet. If it's already expired, are you able to renew it?
If it is expired and you cannot renew it because of residency requirements, that would be a sign that an immigration officer would probably refuse your application to sponsor for residency reasons.
You can always contact IRCC customer services for current information about your issue.
Thank you
Lahbib
I_miss_soccer wrote:
Hi Lahbib

I am not sure. I had no issues when I landed. In the last few months, I have had no issues re-instating my SIN number, Health Cover, Driving Licence, etc. Also, I've not had any issues with my employment or anything else.
11/18/2019
Topic:
Sending my Canadian Son to School

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

The age of majority is 18 in six provinces: Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan.
Public elementary education and secondary schools are free of charge.
Expect to pay fees for college and university programs.
Contact a school board for more details:
http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/sbinfo/boardList.html

Thank you
Lahbib

nicolasohri wrote:
Hi, my son is a 18yo Canadian citizen living with us,his parents,in South America and wants to do 12 th grade and University in Ontario living with my brother would he have to pay a fee or would there be a problem with gardianship ?

Thanks for your help

Jamie
12/2/2019
Topic:
Permanent Resident Status

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,
If you were informed by IRCC that you were no longer a permanent resident of Canada, then, you cannot return to Canada using your PR card even if it was not expired.
Your Return to Canada will be as a foreign citizen.
Here is a link where you can find out if you need a visa to enter Canada.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
Thank you.
Lahbib

sasabil wrote:
I currently hold a valid permanent resident (PR) card which will expire in Feb 20, 2020. I live and work outside Canada. Recently I applied to extend my PR but was denied because I failed to comply with the residency obligation under A28. I was informed in a letter that I have lost my Permanent Resident status and are no longer entitled to a Permanent Resident Card.

Question: As my current PR has not expired (Valid until Feb 20, 2020), I want to travel to Canada in December 2019 to start an appeal process. Can I travel to Canada using my current PR card?

Please advice. Thank you,
Samuel
12/9/2019
Topic:
Having Weed Plants in My Rental

Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,

Please check the following link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/campaigns/cannabis/canadians.html

Thank you
Lahbib

HEATHERECORRIGAN wrote:
I'm looking for information on if a tenant can have weed plants in my rental if I don't want them to have them there.

They asked me to put in a plug downstairs so they could include a couple of weed plants but then who knows how many they would put in. I'm wondering my rights are in this situation?