Ryhi

all messages by user

3/27/2017
Topic:
Open Work Permit while Waiting for PR

Ryhi
Ryhi
Hi,

I'm a US citizen, and my status here in Canada is a visitor.I applied in Canada for permanent residency through spousal sponsorship. My application processed on Feb 28, 2017. They even send me the application/UCI number.

Along with my PR application I also applied for an open work permit and paid the fees as well. My question is how long it approximately takes for them to send my work permit after sending my application number?

It is really difficult to get answers from them, because it is impossible to talk to an agent.

I would really appreciate any help and comments you might have.... Thank you!!
3/27/2017
Topic:

Ryhi
Ryhi
Thank you for your reply!
Is that the new policy though? Because I heard that for people applying in 2017, the processing time is cut in half.
3/28/2017
Topic:

Ryhi
Ryhi
Oh I see!!! Thank you so much.
3/30/2017
Topic:
Sending CIC a Proof of Entry - Which One?

Ryhi
Ryhi
Hi,

I'm a US citizen, and my status here in Canada is a visitor.

I applied in Canada, Ontario for permanent residency through spousal sponsorship.

My application processed on Feb 28, 2017.

Along with my PR application I also applied for an open work permit.

I was informed that the open work permit will not be issued to me unless I have a proof of entry to Canada. I'm planning to mail them a photocopy of the stamp on my passport, but does anyone know what else should I include, for example a form or a letter.

Also what address should I send it to?

Thank you in advance!!
8/17/2017
Topic:
How to Find a Job in a Laboratory

Ryhi
Ryhi
Hi all,

I'm originally from Michigan state, US. I recently moved to Canada. I have a bachelor degree in Biomedical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Science with specialization in Medical Laboratory Science, so basically I'm a lab Technologist or scientist. I've been applying on Indeed to every possible lab that match my experience, but no luck at all. I started giving up. Do you guys know any other way to apply for lab jobs than Indded. Also, do you guys think that I'm being denied, because I have a degree from the USA?

Please let me know!

Thanks.