Lost password

FlorianNYC2017

all messages by user

5/1/2017
Topic:
Living with Cdn. Spouse Abroad - Return to Canada

FlorianNYC2017
FlorianNYC2017
I have been living with my Canadian spouse for 8 years abroad and when picking up my 3rd PR card, the immigration official advised that the reason for being abroad should be my spouse working there. At the moment my spouse does not work.

Two questions:

1) Can I still count the days abroad living together with my spouse (proof of such available like apartment leases, joint accounts etc.) towards my PR residency obligations? My understanding is yes but I am seeking expert opinion and experience here.

2) My PR card expires in 2020. Assuming I move back to Canada with my spouse in late 2018 - what documents should we present next to passports, PR card, marriage certificate and Canadian citizenship card to the immigration official in order to get admitted as PR.

Many thanks for your support.
5/3/2017
Topic:
Living with Cdn. Spouse Abroad - Return to Canada

FlorianNYC2017
FlorianNYC2017
Thanks for the feedback. We lived in Canada for almost 4 years together and I renewed just after we left during a visit after having moved outside. The third card I counted the days outside Canada, the card was produced and I attended an interview and explained the situation and the card was handed over. I did submit all applications from Canada and use a family address where we stay when visiting, for example to attend the pick up interview.