Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

BFLAPS

all messages by user

5/25/2017
Topic:
PR card expires within 12 months - not met req.

BFLAPS
BFLAPS
Hi,

I am a UK citizen, who received PR in May 2012. Due to heart issues, I was unable to complete the required 730 days and, at best can only complete around half of that.

I have now been cleared medically, successfully had a cardiac ablation to remove all symptoms and can finally lead a normal life and really want to realise my dream of living in Canada.

So my questions are:

Is it possible to apply for an extension to allow me the chance to meet the requirements based on exceptional medical circumstances? Obviously happy to provide adequate documentation showing my clean bill of health and former issues.

If not, am I able to move to Canada, using my PR card and remain there AFTER it has expired? - I read that even though the card expires, my PR status remains until it is officially revoked.

If this is true, is it possible to still meet the PR requirements of 730 days? Say I moved there now and stayed for 2 full years - would I be able to reapply for a PR card in good faith that no laws have been broken?

I have spent weeks searching through forums and have come across a few who are in similar situations, but nothing exactly the same as me, so I really want some guidance!

Really appreciate your time and help :)
Ben