myhope21

all messages by user

6/12/2017
Topic:
Sponsored Parent

myhope21
myhope21
Hi,

I'm living at BC. I really need your help. My husband and I sponsored my mother (my dad passed away-1991). My mom arrived in Canada on July 2007. Her 2nd renewal PR card will expire on Aug. 2017. I applied for her citizenship on Nov. 2013. She went back to the Philippines on Nov. 2013. Her first letter to appear for citizenship came( I forgot when) and I wrote a letter to citizenship that my mom is still back in the Philippines. She cannot travel back due to swollen left knee, cant walk much and painful. Last Oct. 2016 she had a stroke and has left side deficit. She is now 87 yrs. old.

My 50 yrs old single brother is her main caregiver.

My questions: 1. Can she return to Canada since she left on Nov. 2013 and her PR card will expire on Aug.2017?

2. Can my brother accompany her and stayed with her while in Canada?

My brother is a hardworking man (he confides to me he's gay reason why he's still single) but did not finish school and has no show money.

We invited him many times in the past to visit Canada but was denied. Even we wrote letter-notarized- that we will shoulder all his expenses. I am so desperate to get my mom back.

I want her to be here with me and care for her as well. My brother is willing to accompany her and take care of her as well. I am working as casual Licensed Practical Nurse here at Burnaby Hospital. My husband working at University of BC as custodian.

It will be really big help(financially) for my family to bring my mom back.

The immigration in the Phil was very strict.

Before sponsorship, my mom was denied 3x to visit Canada. Last deny my husband has 2 jobs and wrote a letter - notarized that we will shoulder all her expenses as well but was still deny. So, we decided to sponsor her because if immigration within Canada approve our sponsorship - the immigration in the Phil has to give her visa to come to Canada.

Can the immigration within Canada (not Phil) help us for the immediate return of my mom with my brother?

Please help me.

What should I do and how will I do it?

Thank you and God bless.

My
6/27/2017
Topic:
Sponsored Parent

myhope21
myhope21
Hi Anna,

All the information you've given me are very helpful. Thank you very much.

My