Yorker13

all messages by user

7/31/2017
Topic:
Residency Obligation for a Child with PR Status

Yorker13
Yorker13
Hi all,

I have a son who become 5 years in this current month of July, he become PR in 2013 but was with his mother who is a PR as well since then and up to now they are outside of Canada.

I am about to renew my PR card, and was thinking to renew my son's PR card as well,but want to know if residency obligation applies on minors as well,since he didnt have any choice to stay in or out of Canada.

other scenario is,I apply to renounce his PR status and once done,i immediately sponsor him again, will CIC reject his case since he had a chance to be PR before and didnt meet RO,or becuz he is a minor child they might approve it.!

please share your opinion and experience about what options are a head of me!

thanks
8/7/2017
Topic:
Medicals for PR Sponsorship and TRP Application

Yorker13
Yorker13
Hi all,

I am gathering documents and about to apply to sponsor my 2 girls ( 3 and 2 years) who are outside of Canada, previously they obtained a TRP ,which got expired on 12 July 2017, and their medical exam was done on 16 April 2016.

the processing time for PR for kids is 12/11 months at the moment,and I was thinking they can visit me while the PR process is been processing,that is why I want to re-apply to a new TRP.

I contacted the approved medical test center in Abu Dhabi, and they said for PR application, IRCC will issue a medical request after receiving your documents,but they dont know if that medical will be enough as well for applying for TRP as well, or the kids have to make the test twice for each application PR and TRP...!!!?

by the way, I remember you can apply to renew expired TRP within 90 days from expiry date, if this is true, can I the father reapply to IRCC online for the kids TRP renewal from inside Canada,or let wife who is still with them in abu dhabi to make TRP renewal to the embassy their.!!.

what are the required procedure for TRP renewal from outside of Canada with medicals cert that are done more than 12 months ago( April 2016..)

thx all
9/28/2017
Topic:
Out of Province - OSAP

Yorker13
Yorker13
Hi,

I am a permenant resident and i plan to go to college to update my skills, i found a diploma program in edmonton ,NAIT institutue which offer exactly what i would like to study ,although there is another college in ontario that give similar program but they only accept application during fall 2018 ,whereas in NAIT they have winter 2018 open for registeration.

my question is can i apply for OSAP since at this moment i live in toronto,but for this college i am planning to move to alberta, can i still eligible to apply for OSAP to study in alberta?

thanks
8/29/2020
Topic:
Can a Newcomer be Admitted in the mid of Fall Term

Yorker13
Yorker13
Hi,

We are planning to make a landing as PR in Canada in October, thats like mid of first term for Elementary schools,

i have 3 kids, Grade 1 ,2 and KG2.

we are going to land in Toronto or Hamilton,

but we dont have a residence yet.

my questions are:

1- Can I register and admit my kitds into school in mid of first term, or we do have to wait for the winter term ?

2- I still dont have a permenenat address, we might at start rent short term rental place until we settle, would the school accept the temporarily address.?

3- is the student marks book for previous year a must for registration.

thank you