Lost password

Curious

all messages by user

8/17/2017
Topic:
Child Custody

Curious
Curious
In September 2016 I immigrated to Canada because I was in an abusive relationship with my daughters for 4.5 years. It was hard getting help from the police even after I reported him so many times, this is what forced me to migrate. In May 2017 I became a Protected person.

In August 2017 I decided to apply for custody for our daughter because i had been in contact wither her dad over the phone, he started asking questions about visiting and I can remember in the past that he mentioned taking our daughter and moving to another country without my permission one day. I dont have an issue with him being in contact with or without our daughter but it frightens me to know that i may not be able to stop him in the future if he does come and try to take her. I do not now his thoughts. I was told by a legal aid employee that i will have to notify if of my application and he will be served a notice. I left my country because of him and lack of protection from the government, if a decision is made that he can have full visitation rights then wouldnt that contradict the whole reason for me and my daughter coming to Canada?

In this case, what would the court decide? I am also curious to know what will be decided if i apply for child support, seeing that he is in a country that doesnt have connections with Canada for child support ( i would have to file child support in that country). In general id like to know what to expect when applying to Custody and child support?
4/2/2019
Topic:
PP&PR Applicant: Father in homeland may pass away

Curious
Curious
Hello,

I hope someone can help me as soon as possible.

I am a Protected Person in Canada and I applied for my PR a few months ago. My Medical Report was requested and I sent it in.

My younger sister who resides in my home country where i fled from has just informed me that our father has fallen ill. I can't compare the love that I have for my father with anyone one besides my daughter. September will make 3 years since I moved to Canada and almost every night for the passed year, I've cried myself to sleep hoping, praying and wishing to reunite with my father again. He has been my best friend for as long as I can remember and parting with him has been the toughest thing I had to endure.

Many nights I go to bed just hoping that I will have a chance to see him at least one more time before he passes. I promised myself I'd make it memorable. The thing is, I am not sure if there is a procedure that exists for the Canadian government to allow Protected persons to leave on these conditions. My father cannot travel and I'd at least love to have the opportunity to attend his funeral if he passes before I can visit him without consequences.

Can someone please provide any useful information regarding these circumstances?