Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

sbezbaruah

all messages by user

9/2/2017
Topic:
PR - How Long Can I Stay Outside Canada?

sbezbaruah
sbezbaruah
Hi I applied for Permanent Residency as a Provincial nominee (Alberta) on Sept 6, 2016. CIC asked my police clearance in May 25, 2017 and they received that during the first week of June 6, 2107. I checked my application status on-line and found message as "in process." My post graduate work permit will expire on 10 January 2018. I am waiting for CIC request for my medical exam/test.

My questions are:

Do I have enough time until 10 January 2018 and wait?

Is it necessary to apply for the extension of my open work permit?
If it is necessary to apply, by what date should I apply?

If I have to apply there is a question in the form: Prove that how you qualify for the current job. (Remember, my Provincial nominee certification is work permit without a job). So, how should I answer this question? Even though I have a job I do not have LMIA.

I used a lawyer for my PR processing, but he will charge me extra money for this.

Thank you.
Sid
9/4/2017
Topic:
PR - How Long Can I Stay Outside Canada?

sbezbaruah
sbezbaruah
Hi I applied for Permanent Residency as a Provincial nominee (Alberta) on Sept 6, 2016. CIC asked my police clearance in May 25, 2017 and they received that during the first week of June 6, 2107. I checked my application status on-line and found message as "in process." My post graduate work permit will expire on 10 January 2018. I am waiting for CIC request for my medical exam/test.

My questions are:

Do I have enough time until 10 January 2018 and wait?

Is it necessary to apply for the extension of my open work permit?
If it is necessary to apply, by what date should I apply?

If I have to apply there is a question in the form: Prove that how you qualify for the current job. (Remember, my Provincial nominee certification is work permit without a job). So, how should I answer this question? Even though I have a job I do not have LMIA.

I used a lawyer for my PR processing, but he will charge me extra money for this.

Thank you.
Sid