simi.pete

all messages by user

9/9/2017
Topic:
Is UCCB counted towards income for PGP?

simi.pete
simi.pete
Hello,

I won the 2017 lottery for sponsoring my parents for a Canadian PR. Out of last three year income, my 2015 and 2016 income are well beyond the sponsor income requirements, however 2014 is marginally less than the required family income. My question is whether UCCB (Universal Child Care Bnefit) earned by my spouse can be added as part of family income for meeting the sponsorship income requirements? My spouse was unemployed in 2014 but she received UCCB. If I have her as a co-signer and add UCCB to the family income, I meet the 2014 income requirements. Please note that I'm asking about UCCB and not CCTB (Child Care Tax Benefit) I did some research and got inconsistent results, some say UCCB is counted towards family income but CCTB is not counted while others say neither are counted. Can you please provide some insights?
9/14/2017
Topic:
Is UCCB counted towards income for PGP?

simi.pete
simi.pete
I was specifically interested in knowing whether UCCB counts towards total income or not. Neither the IRCC website nor the call center agents seem to have an answer. Do you have any other means to confirm?