Lost password

ob1

all messages by user

9/25/2017
Topic:
Unusual Situation - Not Met Residency Requirements

ob1
ob1
My Wife (50), son (15) and I (52) are Venezuelans...
I worked for Venezuela's oil company and in 2003 I was fired and blacklisted along tens of thousand other employees
In 2004 we successfully applied for the Skilled Worker Program and in 2005 we did our landing
We got our Permanent Resident cards and even Social Security Numbers
We remained in Venezuela as long as we could, waiting for the political and economical crisis to improve
In 2008, when it was still possible for us to make the Residency Requirements, we were offered a jobs in Sint Maarten (a Dutch Island in the Caribbean)
We took the opportunity, knowing we would not be able to meet the requirement and became legal residents of the Island.
In 2017 Hurricane Irma decimated the island, crippling most of its social and economic Infrastructure
The Ontarian school based here in St Maarten that my son attends had to close and evacuate most of the teachers
Given the lack of water, food, electricity, gas and the widespread violence and looting, my wife and son evacuated to the US, where they currently are on a tourist visa
I am concern that without a job and in an economy based in tourism, we will not be able to sustain ourselves here.
I am also concern that my family could be sent back here or even worse to Venezuela, where the crisis has reached humanitarian proportions.
Is there a way for us to travel to Canada and get our residencies back
My son does not speak Spanish well, and will not be study here,
Quite frankly, I am afraid we are not fit to survive the current conditions prevailing in Venezuela
Is there a way we could be accepted in Canada?