Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

ast123

all messages by user

9/30/2017
Topic:
Return To Canada Without PR card - PRTD?

ast123
ast123
Hi,

I recently became a permanent resident, and will not get my PR card before I travel to India this year. I have a few questions related to the Permanent Resident Travel Document:
1. I will be getting legally married in Canada on 4th November, and applying for a Travel Document in India on 8th November. For the marital status section in the application document, should I put engaged or married? If they do a background check, I won't show up as married in the system, as it takes a while for the marriage to get registered and I will not have my marriage license when I apply.
2. In the application document, they are asking for "the number on your record of landing, confirmation of permanent residence or PR card". For the confirmation of permanent residence, would this be the document number, UCI or application number? (there are three numbers on the document).
3. I'm required to show two pieces of proof that show my PR status in Canada. Apart from the confirmation of permanent residence, what else can I provide? Would the single entry visa for landing on my passport be okay?
4. Since it has been less than 5 years since I got my PR, how can I prove that I will be able to satisfy the requirement of living for 730 days in 5 years after I became a PR? Would a proof of employment letter from my current employer be sufficient?
5. The document checklist is asking for documents for 5 years before the application for proof of meeting the residency obligation, but if I became a permanent resident this year, do I only have to provide documents after the date I became a PR?