sunny7

all messages by user

11/1/2017
Topic:
Uncertainty Over PRTD

sunny7
sunny7
I landed on 4th Oct 2017.

This is a soft landing as I have urgent unfishished tasks back at home. I thought that as it takes around 2 months to receive the PR card, based on current processing times, so I shall collect my PR card and then return.

But a few of my friends here have received their PR card much later than the processing date mentioned on the IRCC website. In short I concluded that the application processing time of 61 days on the website is not concrete.

So I have decided to fly back as I do not wish to exhaust my funds. But a few friends suggested that it could be a bad idea. They said that sometimes if the IRCC faces some issue with our application then they might call us in person.

As I shall not be in Canada at that time I shall not be able to re enter without a PR card. As a result I would lose out on my opportunity to become a PR.
In your below link, it is mentioned that it is not a guarantee that we will get a PRTD, and that has got me worried.

https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/

So my question is: Is it a risk to return before receiving a PR card?
11/2/2017
Topic:
Uncertainty Over PRTD

sunny7
sunny7
PMM wrote:

".... not if you just "landed" you... ".

I shall stay for 2 months and then return. I shall return on 5th of December. I hope I receive the PR card by then.

For the PRTD, we have to provide an explanation. If that explanation is not accepted by the visa officer am i at risk of being denied a PR? Thank you.
11/6/2017
Topic:
Uncertainty Over PRTD

sunny7
sunny7
I shall stay for 2 months and then return. I shall return on 5th of December. I hope I receive the PR card by then.

For the PRTD, we have to provide an explanation. If that explanation is not accepted by the visa officer am i at risk of being denied a PRTD? Thank you.
11/6/2017
Topic:
Uncertainty Over PRTD

sunny7
sunny7
PMM wrote:
Hi

sunny7 wrote:

For the PRTD, we have to provide an explanation. If that explanation is not accepted by the visa officer am i at risk of being denied a PRTD? Thank you.

1. As long as you are able to meet the Residency Obligations, then a PRTD is issued. The only reason an explanation would be required is if you can't meet your RO and are applying for a PRTD on Humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Thank you for assistance. It has helped me feel at peace. I shall request for a PRTD in case I do not receive my PR card and I have to return before that. Tx again.