Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

Keebs0113

all messages by user

11/30/2017
Topic:
Can I apply for Permanent Residency in Canada?

Keebs0113
Keebs0113
I'm American and my wife is Canadian. I was hoping to immigrate to Canada. My wife would be sponsoring me but I was wondering if I could apply for Permanent Residency while I'm living with my wife in Canada? (I currently work in the US and live with my wife in Canada on my days off.)

I don't currently possess either a student visa or a work visa. The Canadian Immigration website doesn't really give a clear answer and I don't want to get into any trouble staying in Canada past the normal 60 days while the application is being processed.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.
11/30/2017
Topic:

Keebs0113
Keebs0113
I'm American and my wife is Canadian. I was hoping to immigrate to Canada. My wife would be sponsoring me but I was wondering if I could apply for Permanent Residency while I'm living with my wife in Canada? (I currently work in the US and live with my wife in Canada on my days off.)

I don't currently possess either a student visa or a work visa. The Canadian Immigration website doesn't really give a clear answer and I don't want to get into any trouble staying in Canada past the normal 60 days while the application is being processed.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.
12/2/2017
Topic:

Keebs0113
Keebs0113
Edit: 6 months, not 60 days.
12/2/2017
Topic:

Keebs0113
Keebs0113
Edit: 6 months, not 60 days.