ruldamaan

all messages by user

12/23/2017
Topic:
PRTD- Am I eligible?

ruldamaan
ruldamaan
Hello,

I became Permanent Resident on 01-Nov-2017 and stayed in Canada for 14 days and came back to India on 14th Nov due to my employment in India. My PR card is still in progress in Canada. I am now looking to apply for PRTD in Feb 2018 so that I can fly back to Canada by end of March 2018. Please tell me Am I eligible to apply for PRTD? What is the processing time for PRTD? And what is its validity.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
12/24/2017
Topic:
PRTD- Am I eligible?

ruldamaan
ruldamaan
suren1184 wrote:
Hi,

How did you come back without getting PR card in your hand? Did Canada immigration allowed you to fly out of Canada airport and no questions were raised ???

Plz clarify above. Is it possible to return without PR card in hand?

Also, to answer your question, the best way is to have someone couriered or delivered the PR card to you in India once they collect the same on your behalf in Canada. Hence, receiving PR card in hand from them in India, you can then fly back to Canada easily.

Regards,
Suren

There are no restrictions to leave Canada without PR card. One can leave Canada legally even without PR card. But to re enter Canada, person should have either PRTD or PR Card. I know mailing PR card from Canada to abroad is an option but there is always a risk involved with it that Custom may seize it. I can not take any chance with that so I am looking for PRTD option.
12/24/2017
Topic:
Leaving Canada without PR Card

ruldamaan
ruldamaan
suren1184 wrote:
Need your esteemed advice on the below points URGENTLY.

1) Need to know the exact timeline of getting PR card in hand in our mailing address in Canada after landing in Canada and providing all necessary info at the airport.

2) Once I land in Canada, can I return to India within 2-3 weeks without getting PR card and while my wife who receives PR card on my behalf in our mailing address can then at later point come to India and give it to me so that I can re-enter Canada. Is this possible ? In the sense, can I fly out of Canada without PR card and enter it again once I have it with me. Will there be any issue at the immigration at Canada airport when I fly out without PR card ???

Please answer. This is very very urgent. Thanks a lot.

Ans: 1. Currently it is taking approx 45-50 days (after your landing date) for CIC to pick your application for PR Card.
2. Yes you can leave Canada without your PR card in hand. And yes your wife can collect your card and bring it with her to India. There will be no issue and no question would be asked if you fly without card. But to enter Canada again you must have your PR card or PRTD.
12/24/2017
Topic:
PRTD- Am I eligible?

ruldamaan
ruldamaan
There are no restrictions to leave Canada without PR card. One can leave Canada legally even without PR card. But to re enter Canada, person should have either PRTD or PR Card. I know mailing PR card from Canada to abroad is an option but there is always a risk involved with it that Custom may seize it. I can not take any chance with that so I am looking for PRTD option
12/24/2017
Topic:
PRTD and Re-applying for PR Card

ruldamaan
ruldamaan
Which office did you apply for PRTD and how many days it took to process? Also, please tell me what is your visa type on PRTD and its validity?

Thanks a lot.