leongpeggy

all messages by user

1/2/2018
Topic:
Application for PR Card - Outside Canada

leongpeggy
leongpeggy
Hi there,

I was a landed immigrant in Toronto in 1985 and stayed for 3 years before returning to Singapore. I have not gone back since but have been visiting Vancouver BC using my Singapore passport for annual summer visits with my Canadian husband whom I marry in 2002.

In 2016, a new law came for visa-free passport holders to apply for the eTA visa before entering Canada which I duly applied. To my delight, the system shows I still hold a PR status, thus, ineligible for eTA. I was advised to apply for a Travel Document instead, which was approved in 2017 (but has now expired because the validity stated was only 6 months). I was further advised to apply for the PR card upon entering Canada ( no other information was given ).

In summer of 2017, my husband and I went to Vancouver BC and proceeded to the local Immigration Office but was turned away by the Security Guard. I attempted to show him documents and explained that I was there to apply for the PR Card. He made no attempt to understand me and told me I have to send my application to Nova Scotia.

We are now back in Singapore as my husband's work revolves around Asia. I am in a confusion. No one in the Canadian Embassy would entertain calls on Residency.

Upon my husband's retirement in a few years, we will move back to Vancouver BC. Meanwhile, as we are making our usual plans to visit Vancouver BC this summer, scheduled to leave sometime July 20, 2018. Would I be granted another Travel Document to enter Canada.

I have made preparations to courier my application for the PR Card , which will be done by this week.

Would very much appreciate your advice on this matter at the soonest possible and taking this opportunity to wish you and all a very Happy New Year.

Thank you
Yours sincerely,

Peggy
2/3/2018
Topic:
Application for PR Card - Outside Canada

leongpeggy
leongpeggy
Hello Anna,
thank you very much for your reply.

I have couriered my application for the PR Card to Nova Scotia on the first week of January. How do I follow up with them regarding my application ? And how long would the Canadian Immigration take to reply ?

Thank you
Best
Peggy
5/10/2018
Topic:
Travel Document for PR

leongpeggy
leongpeggy
Dear Sir / Mdm

I have applied for The PR Card and am still waiting for it to be processed. Meanwhile, I have a confirmed flight to travel to Vancouver on July 20, 2018.

IF my PR Card Application has not been processed by the time I am scheduled to leave, can I apply for The Travel Document ? Do note that The Travel Document was granted to me in 2017 and has since expired. If I apply for another one, would I be granted while waiting for The PR Card Application to be processed ? I would need to apply for The Travel Document at the soonest possible for it to be issued before my departure date.

Would very much appreciate your advice.

Thank you very much