vivalps

all messages by user

1/17/2018
Topic:
Sponsoring Parents and Co-Signing at the Same Time

vivalps
vivalps
Hello everyone.

I am filing my interest to sponsor my Mon and Dad from back home.

My wife ( we don't have any dependents) is also filing for her mom and dad and I am Co-signing with her as her income is not adequate.

So the 2 of us have 2 each.

Our total income is good for 6 people though.

I know that parent for us both can qualify for application only if both of us get invitations and the invitation is non-transferable.

The confusion is in the the web form on the link below as we start the process -

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

The question 3. says,

3. Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members. (required)
Count the number of parents and grandparents you want to sponsor AND their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include the dependants who will not come to Canada with your parents or grandparents.

Now - my wife will say, 2.

But should I say 2 for my parent or should I say 4 to include hers as I am co-singng?.

Technically I am co-signing and not sponsoring but should I be telling upfront that I am looking to support 4 indirectly.

Also if you say 4 here then it asks for names in question 5 which alerts that "You" can only sponsor "Your parents".

So should I mention my in-laws here or keep silent and put the names or just wait for the invitation and fill the details... tricky, eh?