all messages by user

1/25/2018
Topic:
PR living abroad with Canadian citizen for 9 years

Aysh
Aysh
haroonalpl wrote:
Hi,

I finally got the PRTD from Canadian embassy in UAE. We were quite uncertain about the putcome as it took embassy about two months to decide. Probably due to my long absence from Canada (around 9 years) they scrutinized each and every document (and historicla records etc).

we provided three different type of proves of residensial address like internet bill, electrcity bill, and lease agreement of apartment. In addition you can also provide credit card bills, bank account statement, photocopy of driving licence etc.

Hope it helps.

Hello Haroonalpl,

Your post was very helpful. As my situation is pretty much same like you as i am planning to go back to Canada.

Would you suggest any additional list of the documents (other then proves of residence which you already mentioned) they asked. So i will have it well head of time.

I appreciate for your reply and any suggestions.

Thanks again
11/6/2021
Topic:
Spouse with expired PR

Aysh
Aysh
Hello,
My PR card expired over 7 years and since that time living with my husband abroad who is Canadian Citizen.
Now we are planning to repatriate back to Canada and thinking to apply for PR renewal. I learned the days spent together with Canadian citizen spouse, counts toward you PR days.
We will be in USA for holidays. Do you think it is good idea to to come to Canada by road and apply PR renewal.
In my case What are the odd to deny the entry to Canada by CBSA.
Regards
Aysh
12/1/2021
Topic:
Spouse with expired PR

Aysh
Aysh
Thanks for your email.

Tour respond is very helpful.

I have a question:
Do I still need PRTD, if we are driving back to Canada in a private car?

Regards,