Lost password

anony123

all messages by user

3/16/2018
Topic:
Disputed Divorce

anony123
anony123
I am from India. My husband is in Canada from last three years. I am muslim girl. Our marriage happened last year but according to marriage in islam there should be marriage consummation when the bride and groom lives together. So i was still in fathers home.

My husband said once i get visa he will call me to canada and then we will have a marriage function and all the formalities. In the mean while we signed marriage contract and he took the contract and all my documents to apply for my visa.

I got interview call in this past month. Just two days before interview he came and sent me one sided divorce paper.

He showed in the immigration process that we were living together all this time. Now in the divorce paper he used the reason that there is family dispute so he don't want to continue the marriage and now decided to end the contract.

Now he is harassing and pressurizing me and my family to sign the divorce deed that divorce is on mutual consent.

Kindly help me with legal advice. As im already in shock and i don't know the Canadian law in such cases whether he is seeking asylum or trying to marry someone else. How can i inform the Canadian High Commission regarding this case as they are not bothered whether someone life gets ruined by a person. Need help.