hassanshariq

all messages by user

3/25/2018
Topic:
Medical Coverage If You Change Province - Question

hassanshariq
hassanshariq
Hello

I landed in Toronto with my wife on 14 March as PR holders under the Federal Skilled Workers category. We have settled in Ontario and wish to make this as our permanent home.

I know that we will have to wait for 90 days before we get our OHIP card and medical cover.

My wife is pregnant and we are expecting the kid in early August.

I am applying for relevant jobs all across the country, so there is a possibility that I may get a job outside of Ontario once i have got the OHIP.

My question is that will i need to wait for 90 days again in that province for medical coverage or is there some way that OHIP or some other federal medical program can cover us?

Regards
Hassan
8/1/2018
Topic:
Child benefit

hassanshariq
hassanshariq
Hello

Me and my wife had the birth of our first baby just few days ago in Mississauga. I have registered the birth online and applied for birth certificate, SIN number and child benefit online yesterday. We only arrived in Canada as PR in mid march and have not filed a tax return yet.

I am a little confused about the child benefit. Me and(or) my wife need to submit a separate application for that or provide any details? Do we need to register online with CRA for payment of these benefits? We have not filed our first tax return as it will be done beginning of 2019.

Should i just wait for a reply from the government concerning the child benefit, for which i applied during the online birth registration?