omids

all messages by user

4/11/2018
Topic:
Missed citizenship test-no notice phone mail email

omids
omids
Hello Tonya,
I am sympathetic to your situation. The exact same scenario happened to me about 2 months ago (Feb. 2018). I did not receive any mail or email from CIC regarding my citizenship test date (not even as of today). The online status mentioned that I was supposed to receive the citizenship test confirmation letter by "mail", but I did not receive any notifications from CIC not even by email as I double checked my inbox and spam folders. I wrote a letter of explanation through the IRCC Web form, and also wrote a letter and mailed it to CIC just to be on the safe side. About two weeks later, I received a template email response from CIC quoting exactly your answer "If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives,community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form". It is indeed frustrating to see this much inefficiency from citizenship Canada. I have yet to receive a real response from CIC after 2 months. Who knows when they will reschedule my citizenship test. When you call CIC after waiting for about 1 hour the agent simply says write another letter to them!