Rgauduchon

all messages by user

5/17/2018
Topic:
Permanent Resident back to Canada without SIN

Rgauduchon
Rgauduchon
Dear All,

I am new to this forum but the quality of responses received to the many enquiries seems to confirm this is the right place to post my question.

I am a PR ( confirmed 2003) with an expired PR card and cannot get/remember my SIN.

I have submitted a PR renewal to IRCC NS based on the past 7 years spent abroad with my Canadian Spouse ( and Canadian kid).

We came back to Canada for many reasons including taking up a senior executive job with a Canadian company based in Montreal. I fully understand and accept the PR renewal card process delay (though seems quite long) for I was not able to renew my PR card on time.

I went to a Canada service asking in a bid to retrieve my SIN number but it got denied due to PR card expired.

My question is as follows:

Is there a way that I can legally take my new job while my PR card is being renewed and without a SIN.

It is mentioned that " "the legislation does not prevent people from working in insurable employment before they receive their Social Insurance Number".

The IRCC will likely give a positive answer to my PR renewal request but in "x" months. Meanwhile, I need to financially sustain our family.

Any feedback is welcome as it seems IRCC NS never took into consideration the "urgent processing" status of my application.

Thanks
5/17/2018
Topic:

Rgauduchon
Rgauduchon
Dear Anna,

First of all thank you for your prompt and comprehensive feedback which confirms again the level of professionalism of this forum and the dedication of its team.

When I went to service Canada I did explain my situation, presented the COPR and the expired PR card including my application for renewal.

The answer was that since my COPR is over one year old, they cannot do anything to retrieve my SIN number until IRCC NS processed my PR renewal which could take months... .

Next is to fill under lost or stolen then but again I cannot remember my SIN neither I am in possession of a document bearing the SiN number. Best
5/18/2018
Topic:

Rgauduchon
Rgauduchon
Dear Anna,

Thanks again for your prompt input. I was in Canada in 1998 and 2003 for education purposes and I did not have the chance to work for a salary per se. Is the process to retrieve the SIN number the same?

Thanks and best long weekend
5/22/2018
Topic:

Rgauduchon
Rgauduchon
Dear Anna,

Me again.

I have reached out to my "employer" asking him to enquire directly with Canada Service but the latter confirmed quoting "Indeed an employer may validate the SIN number when the employee supplies the actual number and therefore able to validate it vis a vis Service Canada". So I am in an administrative "cul-de-sac" unable to retrieve directly my SIN with Canada Service and/or through my Employer. It seems I have no option but to wait another "x" weeks/months to have my PR card renewed by IRCC Nova Scotia then go to (re)apply for a SIN.

Best

Romain
5/23/2018
Topic:

Rgauduchon
Rgauduchon
No I never had the chance to fill in an income tax as I was there on training only. I wrote to Canada service to retrieve my SIN details but I guess to no avail. Thx
5/23/2018
Topic:
PRTD Rejected Despite Invite Letter from IRCC

Rgauduchon
Rgauduchon
Dear All,

I applied 2 weeks ago for a PRTD and VFS Global just confirmed that the visa request has been treated and my passport is to be sent by mail shortly quoting

" Cher **************, La demande de visa, n ° de suivi xxxx. Votre demande a été traitée et votre passeport est prêt à être récupéré au Centre de réception des demandes de visa canadien. Merci de NE PAS REPONDRE à cet email" .

It does not say whether the PRTD has been granted or not so I guess I will find out shortly.

If positive, is it possible for me to depart from Canada to France for a business trip with my expired PR card along with my passport?

I would use the PRTD to fly back direct to Canada. I've read that there's no issue flying out of Canada with an expired PR card.

Can anybody confirm ?

Appreciated.

Thx