Lost password

123MainSt

all messages by user

6/4/2018
Topic:
N12 - Eviction Question

123MainSt
123MainSt
My ex-wife and I own an apartment that we have rented out to the same tenant for about 10 years. I am now in need of this apartment myself and I have successfully informed the tenant with the N12 form of my intentions to occupy the apartment. However, the tenant is also my ex-wife's niece, and my ex-wife is against the eviction. My ex-wife has changed her permanent address to that of the apartment I am trying to evict her niece from. It now appears on paper that my ex-wife and her niece are both living in the apartment that I need to be moving into, and my ex-wife is also co-owner of the apartment.

Due to the cost of the divorce, I really need to move into this apartment. But, can I still proceed with the eviction after my ex-wife has made the apartment address her permanent address, while she is still on as co-owner of the building? And can she even do that? I don't know what to do anymore, I don't know of anyone else in this type of situation, and the Landlord/Tenant Board/SJS isn't too helpful.