Anthony Ray

all messages by user

7/12/2018
Topic:
Residency Obligations/ Canadian Citizen Children

Anthony Ray
Anthony Ray
Hello!

I am a permanent resident of Canada since 2004. My family have been in the Philippines since August 10,2015. We are here to complete my wife's residency program as a physician. This was a requirement for her to be able to practice her profession in Canada. She will be done with her 3 year program on December 2018. We are planning to return to Canada on March 2019, as our kids are currently enrolled in school as well.

My question is this, are we still allowed to renew our Permanent Resident Cards? It will expire within 6 months. We will be out of the country for more than 3 years before we go back. My other question is, two of our children are Canadian Citizens, it is my knowledge that suggests we still meet the permanent residence requirement even if we are outside of Canada for longer than 3 years,since we are living with Canadian Citizens. Would you be able to confirm if this is correct?

Please direct me on how to proceed. I am not sure what to do next. Do we apply for PR card renewal? Are we still eligible?

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.
7/12/2018
Topic:
PR living abroad with Canadian citizen for 9 years

Anthony Ray
Anthony Ray
Hello! What if the parents are PR and the children are Canadian Citizen? Does this apply for accompanying a Canadian citizen?