Neo

all messages by user

7/17/2018
Topic:
Questions About Travel Document

Neo
Neo
Hello

I made a refugee claim in 2016. My back home passport was seized by Immigration of Canada so I got refugee travel document instead of it.

When I got my pr card, Immigration of Canada office returned my back home passport to me. Currently, I am holding two passports.

My refugee travel document is going to be expired in 5 months. I have checked the cic web site and was not able to find any information about how I can renew it.

According to Cic web site there are two type of passports for non-Canadians
  • refugee travel document: issued to protected persons in Canada, including convention refugees or persons in need of protection; and
  • certificate of identity: issued to eligible permanent residents of Canada who are not protected persons and are stateless or cannot obtain a national passport or travel document from any other source.

What I understood is I am not able to apply non of them.

So there is only one choice left that I have to use my back home passport for traveling. I would like to confirm with you my understanding is correct. If I use my back home passport, is it going to make any negative impact on my citizenship application?

I also saw this sentence in Refugee Travel Document application form ( It ıs attached as a picture below) Should I return my refugee travel document to the Passport Program?

Picture link https://ibb.co/g1fQyd