Lost password

Nazrin

all messages by user

10/18/2018
Topic:
Duty Free Importation

Nazrin
Nazrin
Hello, I have a similar question. Apart from filling out the forms and providing the details, what is the actual process of bringing all of my belongings to Canada?

In my case: I will fly from my home country via Istanbul (connecting flight) to Toronto. Do I bring all of my personal belongings to the airport and ask the airlines to send them together with the main luggage? Do I have to pay for the weight of that luggage to airlines? Or do we have special "personal belongings" allowance since we are immigrants?

Your reply is highly appreciated!
10/31/2018
Topic:
Logistical issue of duty-free importation

Nazrin
Nazrin
Dear Immigration Assistants,

I have a question regarding the actual process of bringing valuables to Canada. I already read and understood the part about filling out the forms and providing the details.

In my case: I will fly from my home country via Istanbul (connecting flight) to Toronto. The airline ticket allows me to bring 1 carry on and 2 pieces of luggage 23kg each.

So for the rest of the stuff, do I bring all of my personal belongings to the airport and ask the airlines to send them together with the main luggage? Do I have to pay for the weight of that luggage to airlines? Or do we have special "personal belongings" allowance since we are immigrants?

Your reply is highly appreciated!

Nazrin