Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

pludin

all messages by user

11/15/2018
Topic:
May Not Receive My New PR card Before I Travel....

pludin
pludin
Hello! I have some questions regarding PR renewals/PRTD/supporting documents to prove you reside in Canada:

I arrived in Canada September 1997 and have been maintaining a PR card up until now. I applied to renew my PR Card this September, as I saw that the processing time was 90 days at the time. I am leaving on December 19 to go to Germany and flying back on January 1, and will not be returning to the same address in Germany (we will be constantly travelling around). December 19 is also the day that my current PR Card will expire...

I just received an email TODAY stating that CIC received my application on September 12, 2018.

I have some questions:

1) Why did they only email me this information now? It makes me hopeful that my PR card will arrive on time, but I am also really confused.

2) I've read quite a bit about the PRTD but... if my new PR card does not arrive, will I definitely not be able to re enter Canada without the PRTD? Even if I show them my SIN card, drivers license, health card, proof of employment ...? I just don't want to go through the hassle of filling yet another application and paying another processing fee unless it is really the only way to re enter.

3) Would I even be able to mail out/have the PRTD processed while I'm in Germany if I'm going to a different city every few days? I'm arriving in Frankfurt and flying out of Zurich so I won't be able to return to a location if they need to mail me back something. Also, to complete the PRTD, would I just print out the documents on the CIC site, provide my photo/the supplementary documents they require and send it to the visa location in Vienna? That's it? How does the payment work, do I pay it to the visa office in Vienna?

Thanks so much for reading all of this, any input is immensely appreciated!

Best,

Pari