Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

Amy

all messages by user

4/29/2019
Topic:
PR Status - Only Allowed To Stay Abroad 6 Months?

Amy
Amy
Hi,

I want to ask about my permanent resident card.

I came to Canada on a spouse visa in march 2017 and received my PR card in may 2017. I came to my home country in october 2018 and I wish to stay here for about 7 months in a row. Do I need to notify the immigration about it? Would they cause any problem if I stay outside Canada for more than 6 months?

Because before the rule is if you're a permanent resident in Canada you only have 6 months most to stay outside Canada.

So, I'm also asking if this law is still applicable today?
5/6/2019
Topic:

Amy
Amy
I also want to ask that If a Canadian PR card holder travels and stays in the US for more than a year with Canadian spouse. And the Canadian spouse goes there on TN and TD visa. Does that time count in the days spent In Canada? Or we will count it as the time spent outside Canada?
5/7/2019
Topic:

Amy
Amy
Thank you so much. So, time for citizenship starts after completing 2 years of PR card, or those 2 years are also a part of the citizenship time?
5/13/2019
Topic:

Amy
Amy
Hi, I want to ask about the citizenship time, Does that time start after completing 2 years of PR card, and we have to stay for further 3 years to get passport? Or those 2 years are also included in the citizenship time and we just need to complete 1 more year to get citizenship? Please clarify. I am so confused.
5/27/2019
Topic:
Valid PR Card

Amy
Amy
Hi,
I want to ask about the citizenship time, Does that time start after completing 2 years of PR card, and we have to stay for further 3 years to get passport? Or those 2 years are also included in the citizenship time and we just need to complete 1 more year to get citizenship? Please clarify. I am so confused.
5/27/2019
Topic:
PR Status: Returning to Canada after 2 Years in UK

Amy
Amy
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR card holder, I have spent 8 months outside Canada due to my studies. Now I am planning to return to canada for a few months.

I have the similar question:-

1) What should I bring to Canada in case they question my length of being outside of Canada?

2) Since I have been outside of Canada for more than 6 months should I get a police certificate and bring it with me before I return to Canada?

Thanks.