Lost password

Jennifer Meacher

all messages by user

10/14/2019
Topic:
Looking for Affordable Housing

Jennifer Meacher
Jennifer Meacher
Hello Wonder if you could Help. My Cousin and I are in desperate need to move, we have No Furnace for the Winter and we have a Bucket in the Dining room to catch the Rain. Our Landlord has Informed us that he cannot afford a New Furnace and has had the Fireplace Fixed, however, that does not heat the 2 Bedroom House as although he put new Windows in himself he never finished Insulating them so their is no Wood Surrounds. We are very clean Tenants but owing to the House sinking there are Gaps and where we have Had Rats twice they pulled all of the Insulation down underneath. As my Cousin is 76 yrs and I am 57 and am on Disability for many ILLnesses the Mould is very Detrimental to both of our Health. Our Landlord does not fix many things around here and although our Rent is only $750 a month plus all Bills we do not think that we should have to live like this. We are looking for a reasonable 2 bedroom house in the town of Fort Erie where we reside. We do not mind anywhere in Fort Erie or the area. Please could you help us. We have 1 small Dog which belongs to my Cousin and I have a Shepherd, Our Dogs are not Destructive and they are very Clean, we also pick up after them. We are very Clean Tenants and our Rent has always been paid on the due date if not before. We are also seeking a lower 2 Bedroom Apartment as my Cousin has bad Arthritis and Osteo Perosis and finds it hard to do many Stairs. I am an Insulin dependant Diabetic I have Fibro Myalgia, and severe Arthritis. We both suffer from Depression and living where we are in our present Circumstances well, it is very hard. Please could you help. Thanking you for your time and patience.