10/29/2019
Topic:
Questions about My WES Report

MSC2006
MSC2006
To: WES Customer Service/Evaluation Committee

Subject: Grief regarding the biased evaluation process

Dear Sir/Madam,
WES is regarded as a highly respected evaluation agency and as a customer I have had to finally resort to writing this email to bring forward the bias in the evaluating procedure. The details of the same are as follows-

I had received an ECA report(Ref No: 3719992, dated 17th September 2018) for a submission for certifying my graduate and post-graduate courses, but was dismayed to receive the response which had recognized my under-graduate degree, but did not recognize my post graduate degree, as a result of which I lost valuable points.
However, two months ago, the institution which awarded me the Post graduate certificate was starting to get recognized by WES. Overjoyed at the possibility of passing the current CRS cut off, I applied for a “Credential upgrade” from my WES profile and had all the necessary documents sent by the institute to WES(New Reference: 4286312), only to be crushed by an indifferent response by WES saying “Status Cancelled”. When, I tried to call the customer service to understand the reason behind the response, I was told that WES evaluators do not re-evaluate documents which have been previously evaluated. The same degree is now being evaluated in fresh applications and given an equivalency of “Post graduate diploma with one-year Canadian equivalency”, thus offering the new applicants for a fresh start and valuing their hardwork, but at the same time, for people like me, the only way seems to wait for 5 more years for the ECA report to lose its credibility and send a fresh application, which cannot be termed anything but unfair, thus leading me to give up on my Canadian dreams.

Although, I have lost hope in the system, I still made up my mind to write this complaint, in the hopes that this error is noted and taken care of in future applications so others do not have to give up their dreams of being associated with one of the best countries in the world.

Hoping to get your attention.