Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

I_miss_soccer

all messages by user

11/11/2019
Topic:
How long after landing can I sponsor my family ?

I_miss_soccer
I_miss_soccer
Hi,

I received my Landing Documents for Canada about 5 years ago. I came and stayed for 2 months and then had to return to the UK urgently to look after a sick relative. Note: I am a British born citizen and hold high education certificates. Whilst in the UK I obtained employment and worked for 4 years. I also met my (now) wife and had a child. I married about 3 years ago.

After careful discussion with my wife, I returned to Canada in May 2019 with the intention to live here permanently and sponsor my family at earliest opportunity. Since I have been in Canada I have found employment in a qualified job role with good remuneration.

I know that I need to be present in Canada for 730 days to fulfill my PR residency requirements and can thereafter sponsor my family. However, my wife and child are now missing me extremely as I miss them. My wife is also a Brtish born citizen with a good civil service job in the UK.

Can I fill out their sponsorship forms prior to the 730 being completed...I have now been in Canada for 193 days.
11/12/2019
Topic:

I_miss_soccer
I_miss_soccer
Hi Lahbib

I am not sure. I had no issues when I landed. In the last few months, I have had no issues re-instating my SIN number, Health Cover, Driving Licence, etc. Also, I've not had any issues with my employment or anything else.
1/5/2020
Topic:

I_miss_soccer
I_miss_soccer
Hi All. Thanks for your advice and replies.

I will now delay sponsoring my family until I have been here the full 730 days as per Residence Obligations.

Quick question.....once I fulfill the 730 days, is there a chance that my original absence (working in the UK) will be raised as an issue by CIC?