Lost password

dnageena

all messages by user

4/28/2020
Topic:
Minor Application

dnageena
dnageena
I immigrated to Canada with my family in 2004 along with my wife and son born in 2003 and my son is a US citizen. We stayed in Canada till 2009, I applied for citizenship just for me and moved to the US in 2009 after getting Canadian Citizenship. I am assuming both my wife and Son will meet the PR requirements since they are staying with a Canadian Citizen. The question I have is that my son will be 18 next year but would like to get his Canadian citizenship so that he can study in Canada. His PR card has expired and did not stay or visit Canada in the last 10 years.

Under the Canadian Citizenship Application for a minor under subsection 2, I don't think he has to meet the physical presence and should be able to apply for his citizenship. Am i correct? If Approved where in Canada will he be called for Oath?
6/7/2020
Topic:
Minor Application

dnageena
dnageena
Thanks for the reply. For my son, who is a minot, he does not have to be physically present in Canada under section 5(2). My son will belong the first col in the table show at the below link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html