Lost password

charuphull

all messages by user

3/4/2021
Topic:
Credential Evaluation

charuphull
charuphull
My International Credentials are evaluated by the Ontario College of Teachers and issued me a License to teach in Ontario after studying few courses from the University of Toronto. These credentials were evaluated and assessed the same way as done by WES.

My question is that, Do I need to get my credential evaluation again from WES if I plan to study further from Durham College? As they ask credentials to be evaluated by WES?

Thanks
3/9/2021
Topic:
Credential Evaluation

charuphull
charuphull
Your Answers have NO BASE.

Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

In the Admissions section of Durham College's website, they outline the credential evaluation requirements:
EQUIVALENT ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
If you already have a Credential Assessment Report issued by World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS), contact the agency to see if the report can be forwarded to OCAS (Ontario Colleges Application Service). They will distribute the results to all the Colleges you have applied to.
You will be required to submit either a post graduate comprehensive – course by course report from ICAS or a comprehensive report from WES. This assessment must be received at ontariocolleges.ca on or before February 1 for fall start, October 1 for winter start and January 1 for spring start to be considered for the oversubscribed programs. In some cases the assessment could take as long as 5 weeks. We suggest that you submit both your Secondary (High School) documents report and Post Secondary (College/University) documents; this will assist Durham College in assessing your marks for entry.
To obtain a Credential Assessment Report visit either ICAS (1.800.321.6021) or WES (1.866.343.0070) for information about obtaining a report and having it transmitted to Colleges. Additional information is also available at ontariocolleges.ca.

OntarioColleges.ca will accept credential assessment reports from ICAS, WES, or CES, however some colleges have preferences with regard to which services they accept reports from. We spoke to a representative at Durham College, and they only accept reports from ICAS or WES. If you would like to confirm this information, please call Durham College's registrars office at 905-721-3000 or e-mail [email protected].

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team