Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

How to prove Ontario Residency? 

user
user

Posted On: 9/21/2009
user
user
I am a Canadian citizen who moved to the US 5 years ago to complete a masters degree. Since graduating, I have been working in the states on a TN visa. My husband and I (he is also Canadian, working on a TN) would like to move home asap to be with our aging parents.

I was able to find a job as a stop-motion animator with the animation studio I worked for before moving to the states.
They would like to hire me, but can only hire "Ontario Residents", due to the film tax credit they receive.

I have been trying to find out how I become an Onatrio Resident again, but have not been able to find information for returning Canadians. Can you tell me what I need to do and what the timeline is?

Many thanks,
Beatrice
link
mirniz
mirniz

Posted On: 7/3/2014
mirniz
mirniz
Just file the tax? or after filling the tax and then get the notice of assessment? they both are different, can u please elaborate on this?

For all practical purposes just get a Ontario Driver's License , get a bank statement or phone bill or utility bill with your name on it mailed to your Ontario address , file your taxes in Ontario , get a rental , lease or mortgage contract in Ontario and you will be considered to be an Ontario resident for job purpose .
link