Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

2 Year Condition on My COPR - Conjugal Partner 

Cf45
Cf45

Posted On: 12/30/2013
Cf45
Cf45
I received my COPR with a condion on it -saying I must cohabit with my congujal partner for 2 yrs beginning the day after I land- my question is that I was planning I land and then come back to the USA to finish my work contract? Will this be a probl when I try I re enter?

I will be landing in January but officially moving and living in July
link
Jack1939
Jack1939

Posted On: 1/4/2015
Jack1939
Jack1939
Hello,

I have conditional PR of 2 year conjugal cohabitation. Now when my file was in processing my wife was expecting baby and when landed in Canada I was already having daughter. And immigration officer stamped conditional PR. So now how can I change my conditional PR could you please suggest me. I would appreciate for you quick response.

Jack
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 1/5/2015
MelM
MelM

Hello,

I have conditional PR of 2 year conjugal cohabitation. Now when my file was in processing my wife was expecting baby and when landed in Canada I was already having daughter. And immigration officer stamped conditional PR. So now how can I change my conditional PR could you please suggest me. I would appreciate for you quick response.

Jack

You can't. Conditional PR is determined / locked-in based on when your application is submitted - not your status as of landing. It's correct that conditional PR has been applied to you and there is no way to remove this condition.
link