Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

PR Renewal - Accompanying a Cdn. Citizen 

andy2014
andy2014

Posted On: 3/3/2014
andy2014
andy2014
Hi,

My PR card will be expiring in July 2014. My wife & kids are Canadian citizens since 2011.

I want to apply for my 2nd renewal in March 2014 but it will be around 90 days short of 2 years, the basic requirement of physical stay in Canada.

My wife was accompanied me during January 2012 till Jan 2013, almost a year while I was in Doha-Qatar.

I know that I may count remaining 90 days while we were together to make it 730 days requirement.

My question is that what kind of papers & documents they may asked to establish that we were together for that 90 days.

I am thinking may be they ask, passport stamps, visa of that country, Credit cards detail used during that period, Canada Notice of assessment, etc etc. Any one on this forum went similar case or aware of this case, please share their experience.

Also, what happened if I left Canada before PR card get expired with my Canadian family & it will expire during my outside stay.

How I could apply for a PR renewal while I am away from Canada.

Appreciate your help & assistance,
Andy
link
tobram
tobram

Posted On: 10/23/2015
tobram
tobram
Hi Anna, would appreciate clarification of this statement:evidence of the residential addresses of the person you are accompanying . Would the following copies be considered acceptable ? I can have them certified as true copies by a notary.

1)property in the foreign country with the address in my name and my wife's(Canadian citizen) name.
2)utility bills showing the same address in my name
link